Lowest prices for your stay
US$256
US$234
Hotels.comUS$256
PricelineUS$256
Trip.comUS$257
All reviews free parking cannery row great location free breakfast wine and cheese within walking distance would definitely stay here again third floor your luggage top floor pacific grove elevator aquarium wharf garage cereal sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

Upon arriving we were greeted my a very friendly and efficient gentleman.
The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The hotel was a 2 minute walk to the Chart House Restaurant and less than 10 minutes to all the eateries and shopping of Canary Row.
Ben was very helpful on checkout.
Overall a great experience.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Pizza_Man_60010
Reviewed 17 November 2020 via mobile

The convenience of the location is offset by a few things - the way this hotel is designed is ridiculous. We stayed there for one night in the middle of a 2 week road trip, so we had a lot of luggage. I’m going to sound like a privileged “Karen” but having to lug my bags up stairs is not fun. If you have any mobility issues, stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bobbie C
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express Monterey-Cannery Row, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Hi Bobbie C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the customer service received and comfort. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I appreciate you as our guest and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 September 2020

We spent three nights here. A few years ago we had also stayed here. That time our room was on the same level as the lobby. Room was not very large but it was a very quite room.

This time as we checked in, I mentioned I hoped we could have a quiet room. The clerk said that he was putting us in the back of the hotel and that it would be quite compared to the front of the hotel. Last stay had been in the front of the hotel, but figured the clerk knew what he was talking about.

Our room was on the third floor. You get off the elevator and have to then go down seven stairs, walk a distance and then go up seven stairs. Got to the room and was pleased with it. Room was very large and had been redone recently. Each of the two beds had a armed cloth bench at the foot of the bed. Benches had no back, but the high level beds provided back support. Theses benches provided very useful seating.

Room had frig and safe. There was also larger closet area which included ironing board and iron.

Big complaint was the noise level. Although it was a top floor room and you have no one above you, this is offset by the road noise. The street behind the hotel is a very busy road. Road is concrete and you can see cracks in it. Cars breeze by and they sound like trucks. Only relief was after midnight when traffic died down but then starting 5 am traffic built up again. I felt betrayed by the clerk who presented this room as quiet. We would have been much happier with the room from our last stay. It was smaller and in the front of the hotel and we heard no road noise.

Noticed that hotel had a hand sanitizer dispenser by the elevator, but they were empty.

On the positive side, location is perfect. You can easily walk to fisherman’s wharf and it is a great walk along the water. Walk the other way and you are steps from the aquarium. Parking is free as is breakfast. Right now breakfast is prepackaged but can’t hold that against the hotel.

I would stay here again, but only if I could be assured of getting a room well away from the busy street.

Room tip: If you want to sleep stay away from the back of the hotel. Be aware that most rooms require taking stairs.
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Richard M
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express Monterey-Cannery Row, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2020

Hi Richard M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once more and for posting a candid review. While I am glad that you appreciated our rooms and location, I was very concerned to read your comments about your room allocation and the empty sanitizer dispensers. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Thank you for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club, and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 September 2020

I stayed overnight and wished I could have stayed longer! The hotel is ideally situated very close to the waterfront, with easy access to beautiful strolls, restaurants, shops, etc. The hotel is immaculate, reflecting how seriously they take the need to sanitize in this time of COVID. The staff members are uniformly friendly and helpful;special shout out to Sanjay! My room was spacious and well-designed, with a very comfortable bed.. The Keurig coffeemaker was an unexpected and appreciated touch. The hotel offers free parking and a free breakfast. Wow! I'll stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank sobaytravelguy
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

Needed a nice quick getaway to the coast especially with all the craziness going on. This hotel is walking distance to Cannery Row, Pacific Grove, and the beaches. Everything is outdoors to get to your room. We had the bottom floor room which I don’t recommend because you can hear the cars passing by. I don’t recommend it if you want a nice and quiet room and can take the stairs. The room was cleaned and they do provide all the bathroom necessity other than floss. Normally there would be hot breakfast but with this Covid-19 virus we fill out what we want the night before and pick it up in the morning. You get choices of danishes, muffins, cereal, fruit, juices and milk. I did wish they would have a protein option but completely understand during this crazy time. Also, they have a filter water station, so you can bring your own water bottle. Would stay here again when I’m in Monterey.

Date of stay: July 2020