3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 07/10/21
Official Hotel
US$389
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$348
Free cancellation until 05/10/21
Expedia.comUS$389
Hotels.comUS$389
travelup.comUS$413
1,293 results
All reviews junior suite dining table bagels continental breakfast walking distance cannery row sitting area underground parking per night gas fire fisherman's wharf great room our honeymoon hot tub one night stay fireplace balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

I second the review about COVID. This place is not even a nano-smidge concerned for the health of guests. I’m an RN and Public Health Officer, and this place is being reported. Shame on you, Hotel Pacific. I hope we don’t all get... something.
Pic breakdown:
1) Nothing like sticky smegma-like goo on your alarm clock!
2) Ew, joy! Money AND blow (and crumbs, and... wth IS that under the fold-out mattress??
3) This would be a dimmer switch, covered with... I have no idea.
4 and 5) Don’t forget about that giant, soaking wet dog piss remnant, and the clumps of what is apparently months (or years?) of soggy, literally smelly, crumbs.
6 and 7) Hey, blood stains (size of a large pancake) and the lost crumbs and toy parts of toddlers past.

DON’T STAY HERE.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank ArcataCali
Reviewed 31 March 2021

I probably shouldn't trust AmEx/Trip Advisor I guess? We needed a one night stay in Monterey that was pet friendly and this was the highest rated hotel that had availability. It's a block up from some main drags, so I guess well located. But other than that it is dingy, the "balcony" looked out on a cement wall, the bathroom was filthy and the light fixture in the bathroom dingy because it was filled with bugs. The heat was intermittent, the shower head was hastily installed so you couldn't actually shower without holding the shower in your hand, and the floors/kitchenette were dusty and sticky.

The sad thing was that I insisted we stay somewhere "nice" and my husband wanted to stay at a Comfort Inn, which would have been cleaner, and half the price.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank bethschax
Reviewed 11 March 2021

Stayed Junior Suite King bed. Room very clean bathroom has separate shower and tub. Fireplace balcony refrigerator microwave with partial ocean view. Did late checkout at 2pm. Staff friendly. They also told me places to eat. They put a bday card and bottle water and chocolate in room very nice. Also enjoyed listening to seals at night.

Room tip: Balcony rooms on 4th floor
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 23 February 2021

The room was nicely laid out, space was great. But the sofabed was extremely uncomfortable to sleep on, the tv had a terrible connection, the front door lock was messed up and the floor around the mini-frig was warped and corroded. Furniture has seen better days - worn and stained
Told the front desk person all this - only item addressed was the sofabed - 2 housekeeping employees took the mattress from the neighboring room and put it on our sofabed. It was just as bad as the original one. The middle sunk in so badly you couldn't sleep on it. My daughter tried one night and I tried the other - neither of us could get a good night's sleep.

When I asked the front desk why the tv wasn't addressed I was told maintenance had gone home for the day. It was cold and drizzly at night so we were hoping to watch a movie one night.

Upon arrival we asked for a quiet room and were told that the rooms facing the street were very noisy. Odd description since many of the rooms face the street, if that's an issue why isn't that info on the website so people know ??? Felt belittled for reserving a Standard Junior Suite and was told that our rate was the lowest. So I guess we don't deserve a quiet room?? We were supposedly 'upgraded' us to another room. Took all our stuff to the room only to find out there was no patio or balcony. Went back to the front desk where he was very irritated at me (evidently for not liking the dark patio-less room..??). He then gave us a room on the other side of the hotel. That room was better except for the issues above. Was a very unwelcoming start to our stay

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank LAintrepidtraveler
Reviewed 2 December 2020

We thought we would spurge on a nice suite. Room was not cleaned well and only Covid care was for the front reception clerks. And it really was not event a very nice room. Grubby, mismatched furniture that was dated....like blue leatherette headboards, red veneer dressers and broken ranch style rattan chairs. It did have central air, but nobody turned it on for us, room was freezing and took several hours to get to 68 degrees. But Covid threat the worst...only direction to get to our 3rd floor room was to use the cramped little elevator (fortunately I found the steps). Bagged breakfast contents were a joke. Overall, way overpriced and the motels in town for half the price would be a much better choice. Covered parking was nice.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank Dream753593
Karel Fernandez, Other at Hotel Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2021

Thank you for the time taken to respond to our survey, and to bring your concerns to our attention. I would like to extend my apologies for the experience that you had while staying with us. We always want every guest to enjoy a clean, comfortable, pleasant stay & room. Certainly, if any issues encountered at the time had been brought to our attention; one of our team members would have been happy to assist you in resolving any issues that had occurred. Again, I would like to apologize and thank you for your time and business.