“Do not eat here!!”

Chinese Gourmet Express
Ranked #238 of 308 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 April 2016

There is nothing "Gourmet" about this restaurant. In my opinion, it should be avoided. First clue: if you look in the window, there are never many people here, while the other mall restaurants are full. Taste is subjective but I find their food to be loaded w/salt, floating in grease and pretty much tasteless. If I want Chinese, I go to the other end of the mall.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

Went by yesterday for my couple of times a month Chinese food fix there, place was closed up, no "moved" sign or anything like that. Looks like they're just plain gone. I don't know of another quick good Chinese fast food, do you? Maybe panda…

Reviewed 1 May 2015

A friend and I eat here a couple of times a month. It is not gourmet eatery but oh so
good. It has a cafeteria feel you choose what you would like to eat they put it on
your plate and you sit down or take home. Not the best Chinese you have eaten
just or the worst. The price is great, and the Manager there is so happy to be
serving you and she has been there for years. (nice to see the same face
year after year) Just TRY IT, you may like It like I do.

1  Thank Jeralyn P
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I was in a rush and wanted some healthy vegetarian food so thinking that the "gourmet" in the title would mean something, I ordered some vegetable dishes and a shrimp dish. Way too much grease in everything and the shrimp was all hard, over-fired breading and almost no shrimp. I also asked about MSG which they seemed to answer no, but how I felt after eating this seemed to say "yes".

1  Thank arises
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Service with a smile and everything was fresh. Good mall food; great price. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Brinbri