“No A/C, No screens, No Hot Water”

Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport
Ranked #43 of 55 Hotels in Monterey
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“No A/C, No screens, No Hot Water”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed here because of mostly positive reviews on Tripadvisor. However, they didn't mention that there is no A/C in any of the rooms and no screens on the windows. The room was stuffy when we arrived. But because there were no screens, we didn't want to welcome the bugs along with the fresh air from outside. They did provide us with a box fan which we picked up at the office. Around 6PM, when I tried to take a hot bath and shampoo my hair so we could go out to dinner after an exhausting day exploring, there was no hot water. They called maintenance and several hours later hot water was restored. By then, I had settled for washing off in cold water and a fast food meal. When I asked to have the bill adjusted, I was told they did provide hot water (eventually around 8PM) and there would be no bill adjustment.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bethel Park
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Traveling with two young adult children can be challenging, especially when space and privacy are a high concern. We were thrilled to see that this hotel had huge rooms with plenty of space to stretch out and sinks both inside and outside of the bathroom. The bathroom was newly updated with tile floors and decorative tiled walls. The hot breakfast was wonderful and included two hot dishes as well as pastries, cereals, and juices, The grounds were also pretty. It was easy to find and a 10 minute ride to the Monterey Aquarium and Cannery Row. I would higly recommend this to others.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Stayed here on vacation with wife and kids. Ten minutes from down town Monterey. Excellent continental breakfast, waffle, meat, eggs, etc... This is an older 1980ish motel with very large rooms in several 4-8 unit building on the grounds. The flower gardens were under repair in front of our unit, but the rest of the landscape was very nice. Very large bathroom with sink in lavatory and outside area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Laguna Niguel, CA
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I staying here on business and booked it at the last minute simply for its location near the airport and that it looked nice from the road. I was a bit apprehensive to not stay at a larger hotel, but was so happy with my stay. this place is super duper clean! it is somewhat dated looking but in the most charming way! I have really never experienced a place that was this age but in such superb condition. the folks that run it must work very hard to keep it in such good shape. Such nice grounds too, with lots of flowers and green grass. It made me think of the Brady Bunch's house for some reason, except for the huge flat screen! I loved the fire place in the room, the deck, kitchenette, HUGE bathrooms, dressing area, free wall stree journal, breakfast. the young gal at registration was a doll, very efficient, pleasant and organized. I will bring my family back here. Thank you Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: king size with the fireplace has a pull out couch I believe, fire place make it really nice.
Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I discovered this hotel several years ago when I needed to be by the Monterey airport for an early morning flight. I always liked the feel, and returned again this time with my family for an overnight through Monterey after reading the varied reviews (rats and spiders!) of the smaller chain places on Munras. First, know what you are getting - the property is not in Monterey proper and you need to drive to get into the town and tourist areas. The rooms are very large and comfortable - we had 4 adult sized people in a 2 Queen room and still had enough space to spread a picnic blanket on the floor for a pretend wine and cheese picnic. Most rooms have a nice balcony and (even with the proximity to the airport) are very quiet. The exception is the one building right by highway CA 68 that we had, unfortunately, this time; we had to sleep with windows closed due to traffic noise. Otherwise, you feel like you're in a pine forest. Nice hot showers, refrigerator and microwave and coffee machine, complimentary breakfast. The property is spacious and not crowded, an the owners are genuinely interested in your satisfaction, and it's a better value than the comparably priced places in town, but if walking to anything is important to you, go elsewhere. Close to the Del Monte shopping center (which includes Whole Foods and Starbucks). Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family