All reviews fire pit breakfast delivered wood floors abalone living room excellent breakfast flat screen morro rock cute place each morning short walk king suite comfortable bed crown molding road trip free breakfast few blocks
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I chose to stay here because of the many great reviews I read, coupled with a great price. I stayed in a deluxe king, “the Urchin”. The room was updated and had modern decor. I especially loved the comfortable bed, cozy fireplace, and big shower with a built in seat inside. It was very clean and felt like a bungalow, not a typical hotel room.
Jess greeted me when I arrived, and was very friendly and gave me suggestions where to go for a sunset and hiking (which was why I went to the area).
I asked for my free, yes FREE, breakfast to be delivered 9am-9:30am and it arrived 9am sharp with a fabulous cappuccino. It was perfect and delicious.

My only complaints (why 4 Star, not 5) are that the mini fridge in the room would kick on and off often, and produced a loud buzzing noise. It was very hard for me to sleep with it. Also, the pillows were flat. They DID provide like 5 or 6, so I tried to layer them. But by personal preference, I’d suggest new, fluffy, pillows to go with the comfortable bed.

I would still highly recommend this place, and plan to return soon. I forgot to mention, it’s like two blocks walking distance from seaside shops/restaurants.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TawnyLeann
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

What a hidden gem! We had never been to Morro Bay before, and we weren’t sure where to stay. I’m glad we picked this little place. Perfect size room for us, the bed was very comfortable, and the breakfasts! They were excellent, and the fact that breakfast was brought to your door, that was one of the best things about this stay! There is a cute little fire pit and garden area in the front. It doesn’t look like much in the daytime, but at night, so cozy! You can almost imagine roasting marshmallows there. I will definitely stay here again the next time I’m in the area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

A real gem!
Two blocks from everything, charming rooms with Fireplaces and View of Morro Rock.
Amazing breakfast and service.
If you need anything, just call the front. Extremely friendly and helpful. A MUST VISIT every time I come to San Luis Obispo area for work.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Despite our anxiety over the fire, we had a great time at this motel. The women who work there and run the place are exceptional. Everyone so kind and so accommodating. The room was lovely, not like your usual motel -- wood floors, nice bedding, ample space, artfully tiled bathroom. The breakfasts, which you pick via menu the night before, are delicious. Everything from bagels with lox to all sorts of egg dishes, cappuccinos, etc. All made especially for you and brought directly to your door, a la room-service. Plus, you can bring your dog. It was quiet, close to the beach (which allows dogs) and right next to two different restaurant/shopping areas (easy walking distance to all). Sea otters in harbor right down the block. Can't recommend enough!

Room Tip: All rooms seem basically the same. It is one-story with easy parking.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaurieL1031
Anna P, General Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you, Laurie L. We're glad you could rest here during that crazy time. Hope all is well back home.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We stayed for an over night stop on our road trip up highway 1 what a perfect find. We arrived at sunset so our keys were ready and waiting for us to enter our room. Great for our family of 4 we had a deluxe family room with two bedrooms. The suite was immaculately clean with very comfy beds and the breakfast on the morning was perfect. They even catered for my son who has allergies and he said he had the best omelette with spinach :) thanks again

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family