Comfort Inn Morro Bay(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$196
456 Embarcadero Inn & Suites(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$289
Harbor House Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$149
Best Western Tradewinds(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$230
Bay View Inn(Morro Bay)
US$159
Blue Sail Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$153
US$140
Bayfront Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$187
Best Western San Marcos Inn(Morro Bay)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$267
Hotwire.com
All reviewsone nightfriendly managerroom was cleannice viewstay there againview of morro rocksmall fridgemain streetcoffee makerroad tripshops and restaurantssea lionsmuffinsmotelembarcaderopetoffice
Reviewed 20 June 2017

This place needs a serious makeover. Tub and tile are peeling (I guess someone tried to refinish instead of replace years ago). The heater next to the entry door takes hours to heat the place up. The mattress should have been replaced years ago, it has a distinctive hole in the middle. Sleep quality was poor as a result. When you close the curtain to block the sunlight you find an array of holes that look like stars in the night sky. Shower pressure was not adequate. Upstairs sounded like a football game going on. Every time they flushed it sounded like a waterfall, not the desirable kind. The continental breakfast was neither continental nor breakfast - muffins cut into bite size pieces, coffee and cereal - in the corner of the office where two people could function only if no one opens the door. This was all we could find for a reasonable price since the Pismo Car Show was in town. We should have paid more elsewhere - cheaper is not better in this case. I would rather sleep in the car and shower at the park. Avoid this one and keep your sanity and marriage. See you on the road!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Where do I start?
When I booked this room on Bookings.com, it gave me a deal on the cost. (PLEASE NOTE;CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER) Upon arriving, we were greeted with a somewhat less than enthusiastic greeting. We booked room #1 for 2 nights and stayed only one. The room was small, decorated with a beach scene. The bed was VERY uncomfortable, and should be replaced as I print this review! The bathroom fan was Very noisy and unfortunately, you could actually hear the fan from the room next door to ours. Bring your own iron, the hotel doesn't supply one. Breakfast was included with the booking, and that in itself was less than what we considered a continental breakfast.

After checking out this morning, I got lucky and booked the last room at the Estero Inn.

If you decide to spend anytime in Morro Bay, save yourself a disappointment, and book somewhere else. Oh, by the way, I mentioned earlier that I booked our room through Booking.com, and and was informed by the manager of the hotel that by doing so, I could not get a refund from the hotel for the 2nd night.(I'll take that up with booking.com, later today).

P.S.,
Don't always believe what you read concerning the ratings of the hotel your booking at the time. You'll need to do some research, in order to find out exactly what you're getting for your money!

Enjoy your summer

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron R
Reviewed 25 May 2017

First floor room was clean enough and had a wonderful beach decor, thought a bit small and not spacious. Good view of The Rock from the front door. Short three block walk to shops and restaurants. Nonetheless, I won't stay again. When we arrived there was no front desk staff and I had to track someone down. On checkout day, breakfast was quickly scuttled away and we were told "too late" at 10:01 am. So, we walked to find breakfast, which was then interrupted by phone calls at 11:10, 11:20, and 11:30 reminding about checkout time, ending with a threat to charge an extra day. I could not see any reason to run the motel like an Army barracks, especially in this otherwise charming and pleasant beach town. There are many other quaint motels nearby.

Room Tip: Look at other motels in the vicinity of the waterfront road by all the restaurants and shops.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a four day get away in Morro Bay and stayed at Morro Bay Sandpiper Inn which worked out great! Our room had a partial view of Morro Rock, quiet, clean, service great, walking distance to Embarcadero Rd of shops, restaurants and sitting on a bench taking in the view. The breakfast is small - blueberry and chocolate muffins, two cereals, juice, milk, coffee, tea and instant cocoa packets. If you want a nice breakfast then eat out at several great restaurants like Coffee Pot, Frankie and Lola's and Carla's. Overall a good value and nice place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Room was very clean, shower good, beds were comfortable. There was no closet, but a rod for hanging clothing next to sink.
Did not like the very light Continental Breakfast as you had to bring half muffins or cold cereal , juice and coffee back to your room on a tray to eat. There was no place to sit in very small lobby. I do not like sitting on bed while eating.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends