“A Coastal town like no other”

Central Coast Outdoors
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Morro Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak, bike and hike Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, Big Sur and the Central Coast. We specialize in incredible California Central Coast outdoors tours and trips for individual travelers, small group tours or large group tours kayaking, biking or hiking in our natural playground. Our trips and tours are top rated and our guide staff second to none! Take advantage of the owners' decades of experience in the adventure travel world and learn more about how we can help you explore this natural wonderland by bike, kayak and on foot..
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Even if all you do is walk the embarcadero, there is plenty to see, do and of course eat. Take the time to see the back bay as well and have a sit along the water at one of many benches put out for your viewing pleasure. Top it off with a trip to "THE ROCK" and maybe you'll get a glimpse of one of the Peregrin Falcons that nest there.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"self guided tour"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My husband and I did the short paddle with Virginia in late March 2018. Luckily it was a beautiful and sunny day. I was a bit worried a bit about wearing shorts at this time of year because I am always usually cold, but I was okay with a fleece jacket on and the waterproof fleece jacket on my lap. Overall, neither my husband or I got very wet, and he was wearing long cotton hiking pants. This is maybe the second or third time we have ever gone kayaking, and it was nice that we took many breaks to see things and hear the information. Overall, it took us a little over 2 hours.
Virginia was so incredibly knowledgeable about the Morro Bay area and knew about every single bird out there. This was really nice because my husband and I are very curious about wildlife, and are always wondering what we are looking at. It was so interesting and cool to hear all of the different facts about the many types of birds we saw. We also got to see baby Harbor Seals, which was delightful. Overall, I thought this experience was much more worthwhile than simply renting a kayak and going out on our own.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My husband, two teenagers and I took the half day morning kayak and sand dunes tour. Steve, our guide, was really patient, friendly and knowledgeable. We had so much fun watching the harbor seals, learning about the oyster farms (even tried his recommendation for a local restaurant that serves them), birds, shell middens and Morro Bay area. Loved the sand dunes and exploring the ocean side, finding sand dollars and rocks. Fun morning in a charming town!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Our party of five, ages 8 to 75, appreciated Mandy’s ability to zero in on birds and other wildlife, the area’s geographical features and flexibility in attending to each of our interests. We paddled up the estuary by bufflehead ducks, viewed a gathering of white pelicans, ready-to-birth seals and an otter using his tabletop torso. Everybody felt comfortable with a route change made in light of wind coming up.

An experienced guide helps the group see so much more than we seem to on our own. I would definitely repeat this tour!