“Great Mediterranean Food at a Reasonable Price!”

Mediterranean Grill House
Ranked #126 of 332 Restaurants in Mountain View
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 17 November 2016

What I love:
Spicy falafels (not mealy, and they are gluten free)
Smooth Humus with a tangy flavor (not too much tahini)
Baba Ganoush rich in flavor
Family owned
Informal atmosphere
Open all day, every day!
Reasonably priced
I'm not a meat eater, but my friends and family can attest to their chicken kababs.
I've been to most of the Mediterranean restaurants in the area for falafel, and find them to be dull, mealy, and tasteless. And I don't like humus that is so creamy, it has little taste nor kick to it.
So, this is my go-to in our area.
The family is really kind and generous too. They want you to be happy with their food. I've also had take out for 2 large parties, and everyone LOVED the food!

Reviewed 15 May 2016

What a huge disappointment. It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon, and we just returned from one of the worst meals in a long time. When ordering, I wanted the #9, Chicken Shawerma, Her Ladyship and her son, ordered the Beef/Lamb #10h Shawerrma plate. I asked the girl, behind the counter for the garlic mashed and salad sides. She looked at me like I had lobsters, crawling out of my ears, followed with a blank stare. "Comes on bed of rice, w/ salad." Have I been reading the wrong menu online, and wrong reviews? NO, but I went with the flow, and went outside, it was such a beautiful day, light traffic on Castro, w/ just enough pedestrian traffic, for light people watching. Plus Her Ladyship, looked very cute in her hat, and we were together, for a little family outing. The food was delivered, their plates, also came on a bed of rice, w/ salad. First bite, and we all exclaimed how dry the food was, mine stuck to the roof of my mouth, so chewy it was hard to get down. Quickly, switched to the salad, so I had some liquid in my mouth, and quickly opened my soft drink. All three dishes, were bland, and the rice did not help as it only added to the chewy, dryness. We had a side of a dozen falafels, these were my first, so I guess they were okay, as the boy and my lady liked them. As I mentioned, I have no point of reference, for the falafels, but I did enjoy the one that I had, much more, than the main event. The pita and hummus were good. Frankly, I wouldn't go back, but "she who MUST BE obeyed," wants to try the lamb/beef sausage. Damn, and they don't even serve beer, at least I could have washed away, some of the disappointment.

Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

The food here is fresh and delicious. Their Mediterranean salad is delicious. Try the chicken shwarma plate, their chicken is awesome.

Their prices are very reasonable also, especially for being on Castro Street.

It can get busy at lunch time.

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Full halal menu. Cozy shwarma restaurant with awesomely reasonable price, given the posh Cali 'hood it's surrounded by. Colourfully diverse patronage due to its warm and jovial staff and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS, tender, juicy shwarma, kebabs, and the heavenly tahine and labneh dips. Turkish coffee is STRONG like WHOA, man!

Also nice to walk around outside, especially at night, where fresco-style dining lines the street. Typical laid-back West Coast life. Cue Smash Mouth's "Pacific Coast Party"!

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I went there with a friend for lunch; we shared a table with two young techies (from overheard conversation -- which you couldn't HELP but overhear.) Order and pay for your meal and it will be brought to you. My wrap was so large I should have brought half of it hojme, but it was so good I couldn't stop eating it. Would have given it a four if it hadn't been so noisy. My advice is to go there for lunch after 1 pm (why didn't I think of this sooner?)