“A Napa gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Stockton, CA
“A Napa gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is the best Napa Valley inn that we have stayed in. All of the employees were exceptionally nice and very helpful. Our room (#18) was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The only two things we would like in our room: full length dressing mirror and better lighting in the bathroom. The evening wine and cheese social was fabulous, as was the Continental breakfast. We will return!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear BerBan,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us along with the valid points noted for the guest room that you stayed in.

I will be looking to resolve the items you mentioned that could use improvement and have already shared with staff to do so.

When you next visit the beautiful Napa Valley, I hope to be able to welcome you back once more to La Residence.

Thank you again for your comments.

Graham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

This is by far one of the best properties we've stayed at. We went with several couples and enjoyed every moment spent here. The staff was attentive to every detail and made us feel like we were visiting friends. They were all so nice and accommodating. The rooms were beautiful with a spa feel. Our room was on the second floor and in the morning we'd open the doors to the balcony and sit at the little table provided there and read or enjoy coffee. The grounds had grapevines growing, which was a beautiful touch, as well as some amazing art. In the mornings, breakfast was served and we'd take our plates out on the patio with other guests. It was such a friendly atmosphere we met new people every day. In the evenings, we enjoyed the wine and cheese reception. La Residence was a great place to begin and end our days. All of our friends had a wonderful time. Next time we go to Napa, this will definitely be where we stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hoopster098
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Hoopster098,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay with us at La Residence. It is nice to read that you and your friends were able to enjoy the amenities and grounds here along with finding places to relax and unwind.

We are very fortunate to have numerous spots throughout the property where you can stop and watch the world go by and enjoy the pace of wine country living.

If and when your travels allow, I look forward to welcoming you back once more to La Residence. Thank you once again for your review.

Coppell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

La Residence is a charming and wonderfull inn. The grounds are immaculate and gorgeous. The staff was caring and made you feel right at home. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Just one of the most peaceful, relaxing places we have ever stayed at. Didn't want to leave and will definitely return, hopefully soon. La Residence is a special place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear Tim M,

I want to reach out and echo your summary of your stay with us at La Residence, along with thanking you for taking the time to offer feedback of your experience with us.

La Residence truly is a special place and offers the perfect blend of location and privacy along with the serenity and backdrop that only Napa can offer. We hope to welcome you back once more when your next visit to Wine Country occurs.

Wadsworth, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

First time here (4 nights) and enjoyed the service, location and tranquility. This is a good mix between a bed and breakfast and a hotel. When we go back to Napa will definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Dan L,

I am happy to read that your 4 night stay with us was enjoyable. I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay and more importantly look forward to welcoming you back once more when your schedule allows.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

We recently booked two rooms at this property over a long weekend. When I checked online, and when I called to reserve, I was quoted one rate, based on which I booked two rooms. When I checked my credit card statement and received my confirmation from the hotel, I noticed that the rate on the confirm (and charged on my card) was more than $100 more than what I was quoted! Granted, I did not notice this until a week or so later, but when I called La Residence, I was told that I was mistaken and would have never been quoted this rate. It would be one thing if I mis-heard, but the prices were so far off that I could not have. I also checked online, and the price they had quoted to me on the phone was consistent with what I was charged online. In refusing to honor a $100 price change, La Residence has lost out two reservations for a three day long weekend.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mithcatnyc
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear mithcatnyc,

Upon reading of your frustrations in trying to reserve rooms at La Residence, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify the issues. This is definitely not typical of how we achieved the Excellence of Service Award with Tripadvisor.

Upon receiving your call regarding the discrepancy in rates, we promptly investigated. Your initial reservations were made with the Front Office Manager directly, who quoted the correct prevailing rates for the period. Furthermore it was confirmed that all of our rates through the controllable channels were consistent with our own website www.laresidence.com, which is the most reliable source of this information.

The price matching you were looking for appears to have been offered through a third party that we have no control over. This includes credit card company reward programs.

We truly pride ourselves on our honesty, integrity and service levels at the hotel, ensuring all our available channels offer complete room rate parody.

I sincerely apologize if there was any confusion and we hope that you may consider us and enjoy the true La Residence experience in the future.

Graham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
6.2 km away
Napa Valley Lodge
Napa Valley Lodge
#4 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,221 reviews

Been to SENZA Hotel? Share your experiences!