Balloon Over Napa Sonoma - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Beware Weather/Cancellations

Windy, rainy woke at at 4 am for 5 am pickup then cancelled. Trip was on my wife's BUCKET LIST... read more

Reviewed 1 August 2014
lrempala
Florida
boring ride

my wife and I recently visited Napa for the weekend. Our hotel concierge recommended a balloon... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2013
RussellL158
Dallas, Texas

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I purchased 2 living social deals for a balloon ride. We booked a hotel to stay overnight and at 1030 pm the night before I got a text message saying our flight was cancelled. No explanation. I tried to call the company but the voice mail was full. Now I am trying to get a refund from Living Social because I don't want to drive the 2 hrs it takes to get there only to be told that the trip was cancelled. I am still waiting to hear from Living Social. Hope to get my money back. And this balloon company charged me for fees, etc. I don't think they should have charged for anything unless you really get on that flight., which is not likely to happen. Beware, this is more aggravation than anything, waste of time, hotel money, and expensive gas!

Date of experience: August 2012
6  Thank supernurserch
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Booked a balloon tour from this company via a Groupon deal a couple of months ago. We showed up at the pick up location where 20+ people waited for an hour (August 18, 2012). There was no pickup, the company's website seems dead (http://balloonwinetours.com/), the phone number goes straight to a voicemail with no way to leave a message. An email to support@balloonwinetours.com goes unanswered. We've basically been fleeced, and I suspect it's too late to even leave a bad review warning about the company since they've obviously skipped town with the money already.

Date of experience: August 2012
6  Thank ec_on_the_road
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I was very excited to book a Groupon deal for 2 to have a ballon ride and winery tour. We booked a room to stay overnight and woke up at "o'dark thirty" to meet at designated place and time of 0545. Unfortunately, due to fog we were not able to take our ride. I tried two more times to book my flight and each morning I arrived it was canceled due to bad weather. Now, I know people can not control the weather but here is my issue...

Why offer a Groupon to people during a timeframe that they must know has horrible odds of success- AND that has an expiration date, that ensures you will not be able to redeem during allotted time? If I had been familiar with that region's weather pattern, I would not have purchased it with such a short redeemable timeframe.
My other complaint is that the company is hard to reach and I was only able to reach them through emails that were of a slow response time.
The pilot and crew seemed nice but it was not worth all the aggravation and wasted sleep, time and gas to get turned away after 3 failed attempts.
Good news is Groupon refunded my money and now have Groupon bucks to spend elsewhere.

Date of experience: July 2012
2  Thank RUBIRN93
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Maybe its my lack of ballooning knowledge but my friends and I had an awesome time!!! Amazing way to start a day of tasting wines!

The balloon they fly is definitely bigger then some of the tiny ones we saw but it never felt cramped at all. We were all happy we got to go together! The pilot was very professional, funny and the equipment seemed well maintained. (BTW - the other balloons out that day went on the same exact route as us but actually landed much sooner!)

They were booked up on the day we originally wanted to go - but it was easy enough to find a different time which would work for us since this was really the reason we were headed up to Napa. The limo pick up was also a good addition.

The valley was absolutely stunning with fog just starting to lift - Definitely bring a camera with panoramic setting and sunglasses!

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank Sealutter
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Booked a Balloon Ride through livingsocial, at www.balloonwinetours.com As a FYI, you should look into Balloon Over Napa Sonoma companies licenses to have the public in a balloons in Napa, there doesn’t seem to be a local phone number, just a # back east. I can’t find any information on them so they don’t seem to be up & up in their marketing. Said they had to cancel 40 other reservations which they had accidental booked. How can you accidentally book 40 people 4 weeks earlier without knowing there is a problem, then they try to slip in a marketing addition as a “favor” to bring additional guest at $$. Sound very very fishy. I’m glad we are not taking this balloon ride, where do their pilots come from and are they registered in California. Screwed up our scheduled week end in Napa.

Date of experience: May 2012