“Out of Business”
Review of Balloon Over Napa Sonoma - CLOSED

Balloon Over Napa Sonoma
Reviewed 29 August 2012

As indicated by others reviewers, I purchased discount tickets for Balloon Over Napa Sonoma. Thankfully, I purchased through TravelZoo, contacted them, and they offered to refund my money immediately. Hopefully, everyone else is able to get their refunds.

1  Thank Margaret B

Reviewed 24 August 2012

After spending hours arranging for a fun family hot air balloon trip to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday, and bucket list check off, driving to Healdsburg, CA (about 400 miles round trip), gas costing $4 + a gallon, breakfasts, lunch, dinner, three hotel rooms for family members, house and dog sitter, not to mention being up at 4:45 a.m. this morning to arrive at designated meeting spot at 5:45 a.m., only to find this so-called "Adventurist Enterprises LLC dba Balloon Over Napa" is an out-of-business scam sponsored by Groupon, as well as Travel Zoo, etc. After waiting in the designated parking lot for guide to take us to the launch site, others arrived (16 total) from all parts of the USA. One couple traveled all the way from Atlanta, GA. When we realized it was a scam, we called the local police who issued an incident report. These coupon companies should check more thoroughly, as it gives them a bad name. A Lot of Hot Air and No Balloon!!

22  Thank Geraldine H
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Waste of time of scammed and disappointed 16 other people who showed up this morining at o-dark 30 for a baloon ride to get nobody from the company to show up. No call etc. We called the police got a incidence report but he said there is nothing he can do and there was just another group same place yesterday with the same issue. He said it is a internet scam outside of his Jurisdiction.

Groupon is a coconspirator in this scam and responsible if they don't check out the companies beforehand.

4  Thank Tomsadventurs
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We purchased 2 balloon + wine limo tours through Living Social in April 2012. We scheduled our trip for August 19. We received a confirmation call in July, telling us where to meet (some random parking lot at an RV park) and when (5:30 AM). We received an email shortly after, telling us to meet at 6:30 instead. First red flag.
We had not received any more communication from anyone at the "company", and when we tried to call the phone number to confirm, it went straight to voicemail, with directions to go to the website (which was down) or to email (which they have not responded to). The voicemail box was full (of irate messages, no doubt). I found a different number based on Washington state online, and was able to leave a message there, but I still haven't heard back.
We showed up on time before dawn, and we found 20 other people in the parking lot, similar voucher holders, but no limo, no pilot, no balloon, and no representative from the company whatsoever. No one had heard anything from the company in weeks. Everyone had the same story: no answer from the phone, website down. We stayed until 7AM. No one showed up.
We managed to get Living Social to return the money we paid for the vouchers, so kudos to them, I guess. I'm still out the $56 I paid to the company for "taxes and fees", as well as the $230 we paid for the hotel the night before.
Do an internet search for "balloon wine tour scam" and you'll see that this situation is not unusual. I guess I (and probably hundreds if not thousands of others) were fooled into thinking that because Living Social or Groupon had put their name behind this company, they would be reputable. Lesson learned.

10  Thank Brewsterman
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I purchased 2 living social deals for a balloon ride. We booked a hotel to stay overnight and at 1030 pm the night before I got a text message saying our flight was cancelled. No explanation. I tried to call the company but the voice mail was full. Now I am trying to get a refund from Living Social because I don't want to drive the 2 hrs it takes to get there only to be told that the trip was cancelled. I am still waiting to hear from Living Social. Hope to get my money back. And this balloon company charged me for fees, etc. I don't think they should have charged for anything unless you really get on that flight., which is not likely to happen. Beware, this is more aggravation than anything, waste of time, hotel money, and expensive gas!

6  Thank supernurserch