“Unique, Fun, and Really Good German Food Even for Fussy Teens”

Jeanette's Edelweiss
Ranked #24 of 95 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I have some German ancestors and have eaten at the Amanas in Iowa many times (authentic German food) and I've been to Germany - so I was excited when this restaurant opened. Atmosphere is very festive and comfortably small, the beer is very good, and we were all very happy with our meals. I had a bratwurst with sauerkraut and potatoes, I forget what everyone else had except for my vegan daughter, who found a very contemporary looking German vegan dish to her liking. The only thing I don't like is that it's pricey, as are many restaurants which is why we don't go more often. They offer Groupon deals but your options are limited. Wish we could go more often!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We went for the brunch buffet. To me, It is too expensive for the variety of foods they served. They have extensive lunch and dinner menu. Food is good and the service is good.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Brought the family for the first time and had a great experience. The food was interesting and well prepared. The alcohol selection was fantastic. Traditional German food was really good. We tried the spaetzle, ham hocks, strudel and several deserts. Everything is ordered a la cart. Prices are good. Only minor issue was some of our side dishes were not delivered, they were good about removing from the bill. Parking was easy. Food size was big so plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We have eaten here 3 times and the food is excellent. All of the main and side dishes taste authentic. Service is usually on point but last visit the server seemed to be having a bad day and acted like anytime you asked for something she was doing you a favor. That is the only detractor causing me to give 4 stars vice 5.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We went there as a family on a Sunday brunch. Since we were a larger party we were able to sit on the benches they have set up. These are very nice and make the place look fun. The food was very good. At the time it seemed as if only one person was serving all tables so our service was very slow from the beginning. That is the only reason I am giving the place 3 stars. Had the service been a little faster and we had not felt slightly ignored I would have given it 4 stars. I would like to give it one more chance and maybe go for one of their events.