“Great service, nice ambiance.”
Review of Bayside Restaurant

Bayside Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bayside Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 513 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayside / PCH
Description: New American cuisine comes to life in this custom-designed location overlooking the harbor in Newport Beach, California. Award-winning Executive Chef Paul Gstrein brings culinary drama to his inventive dishes for lunch, dinner and the enormously popular Champagne Sunday Brunch. Lunch, dinner or brunch dining may all be enjoyed al fresco on our wrap-around patio, made comfortable with built-in heaters and sun drapes. Complementing the kitchen is a circular glass wine cellar that boasts more than 2500 bottles of wine favorites from around the world.
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Our friends from our Dining Divas group will be enjoying this restaurant next, we go on a referral system of fine dining.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

My friends took me there for my birthday brunch and we all had a great time.

The food was good, the bottomless mimosa, and the service were all good! I like the champagne, it wasn't too tart..

I can't wait to have another b-day celebration for my circle of friends!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

The Bar is the largest part of the restaurant. Very friendly. The food selection is out of this world. Venison terrific. The only place we know that always has live music. Good for the Soul.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

It had been a long time since my last visit. I am glad that I revisited. On a midweek evening, the place was quietly busy, which was a welcome experience after last visiting a couple of Newport trendies where it was difficult at best to carry on a conversation. The bar was busy with locals, regulars and visitors and live music was being played. The restaurant area seemed to have regular couples in booths looking like this was their go to eatery since they no longer cook at home. Moral: This is a place that people return to regularly. The menu offerings are varied, but more of what you might expect in the seafood, meats and chicken direction. All that we had ordered was well prepared and nicely presented. The service was very professional and attentive. Their wine list is comprehensive with some well priced bottles. Corkage fee is fair. Having been a while since my previous visit, I will not wait that long to return. (If you found this review helpful, please tap the Thumbs Up tab below)

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I picked this option as a place for a business dinner with a colleague (but not business dress), via Open Table. The live jazz was actually pretty good, and since we were seated in the "terrace" area, the music was pleasant but not too loud. An excellent wine menu, with some good pairings for a variety of foods. My colleague is vegetarian / pescatarian, and I'm an omnivore. We both enjoyed the Ahi Tartare, and she had very good things to say about the Tiger Prawns. I had a tough choice between the lamb and venison; I haven't had venison for a while, so went with that. Not as gamy as it often comes, cooked medium rare, with a very nice fruity demiglaze that complemented it well (I also suggest the Pinot Noirs as a good pairing). Fairly expensive, but I have to remember it's Newport Beach, and in the end, about the same cost (and quality) as a comparable place in downtown Washington.