Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good service BUT…

Do not go right now if you have any concern at all about getting covid. We used this flyer... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Dejjaqtni
Boat to Catalina Island

We took the Catalina Flyer as a day trip to Catalina Island with the family. The boat ride was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
carrieluebcke

Recommended experiences in and around Newport Beach
from US$37.62
from US$399.00
from US$34.00
from US$130.00
More Info
All reviews day trip great trip top deck comfortable ride smooth ride both ways prone to sea sickness bring a jacket discount tickets snacks and drinks long beach full bar boat ride avalon groupon crew board
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2021

We have taken this trip many times with Catalina Flyer and have always enjoyed it.
You have to park across the street at the pier parking lot its about $28 for 1 day.
Make sure you show up about 1 hour before departure or you'll be in the back of a long line. They sell alcoholic beverages, soda snacks on board. Very friendly staff thank you very much!!

1  Thank Shawndiane
Reviewed 18 May 2021

It had been about 5 years since I last visited Catalina Island, but both times, we used the same ferry company. This time, I thought the ferry looked very clean inside, and I don't recall it being that clean pre-COVID, so I'd say improvements were definitely made in that department. Hopefully the cleanliness factor will remain post-COVID, as it should! Masks were enforced, not everyone was fully complying, but most passengers were. What was not enforced was social distancing. They did not have any areas blocked, but you could tell that people were trying make social distancing happen as best as they could. The return trip back was a little harrowing for me, and the only thing that really "saved" me was the fact that I wore a Scopolamine patch (since I know I am prone to motion sickness on boats...). There were A LOT of dolphins on the trip back into Newport Beach. So, the captain decided to give everyone a show by circling around the dolphins. If I didn't have that patch on, I have no doubt I would have felt extremely sick. While it was cool to see the dolphins, it was NOT cool to possibly induce seasickness in anyone! Overall, I thought both rides were mostly fine, but would have liked to see more attention paid to social distancing efforts.

1  Thank Mdgrl79
Reviewed 17 May 2021

Great trip! We had the best driver and staff. Can't wait to go again! We saw so many dolphins also. The driver did a great job of announcing turn for us to see

1  Thank vanessamP2957WV
Reviewed 15 May 2021

Morning trying to find parking and get to boat full of anxiety and Stress. No help from Catilina Flyer or other City Parking lots that were not full but only could stay ^ hours paid for. Garage around event Have to pay $7 per hour, man was disrespectful and unhelpful. Why hasn't Catilina Flyer worked with the Municipal parking to extend time you can stay?

Found a parking next to a home for free at last LUCKY. Still cannot tell you where Municipal lot is. Oh yeah and there website was unworkable for a day trying to get a preticket.

1  Thank wstzorro
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Flyer was great, saw whales and dolphins on the way back. Boat appeared clean and I would take the trip again.

However the crew was very lax on enforcing the mask rule. They went around to people once early on and that was it. After that there were at least 15 people on the way back in the main inside cabin that were not wearing them.

1  Thank egsavvytraverler123