Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good service BUT…

Do not go right now if you have any concern at all about getting covid. We used this flyer... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Dejjaqtni
Boat to Catalina Island

We took the Catalina Flyer as a day trip to Catalina Island with the family. The boat ride was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
carrieluebcke

Recommended experiences in and around Newport Beach
from US$37.62
from US$399.00
from US$34.00
from US$130.00
More Info
All reviews day trip great trip top deck comfortable ride smooth ride both ways prone to sea sickness bring a jacket discount tickets snacks and drinks long beach full bar boat ride avalon groupon crew board
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2021

We recently used the Catalina Flyer to take a senior class over to Catalina Island. The boat ride out there was a little rough. You can't tame Mother Nature. Even with the rough ride the captain and crew were marvelous. They were very attentive to the passengers and made sure we were all taken care of.
I must mention the beginning process as well. Kurt was amazing to work with!
Thank you Catalina Flyer for making the start and end to the trip an amazing experience!!

1  Thank TillieCTCconferences
Reviewed 24 May 2021

Gale force winds should have been enough reason to reschedule or cancel the ferry.

For more than an hour, passengers were tossed around and vomiting. I've never seen anything like it. We were holding on to the tables to stay in our seats. It's hard to believe no one was injured or fell overboard. The crew did a great job handing out second and third barf bags though. They should get raises.

2  Thank Vacay92675
Reviewed 19 May 2021

We have taken this trip many times with Catalina Flyer and have always enjoyed it.
You have to park across the street at the pier parking lot its about $28 for 1 day.
Make sure you show up about 1 hour before departure or you'll be in the back of a long line. They sell alcoholic beverages, soda snacks on board. Very friendly staff thank you very much!!

1  Thank Shawndiane
Reviewed 18 May 2021

It had been about 5 years since I last visited Catalina Island, but both times, we used the same ferry company. This time, I thought the ferry looked very clean inside, and I don't recall it being that clean pre-COVID, so I'd say improvements were definitely made in that department. Hopefully the cleanliness factor will remain post-COVID, as it should! Masks were enforced, not everyone was fully complying, but most passengers were. What was not enforced was social distancing. They did not have any areas blocked, but you could tell that people were trying make social distancing happen as best as they could. The return trip back was a little harrowing for me, and the only thing that really "saved" me was the fact that I wore a Scopolamine patch (since I know I am prone to motion sickness on boats...). There were A LOT of dolphins on the trip back into Newport Beach. So, the captain decided to give everyone a show by circling around the dolphins. If I didn't have that patch on, I have no doubt I would have felt extremely sick. While it was cool to see the dolphins, it was NOT cool to possibly induce seasickness in anyone! Overall, I thought both rides were mostly fine, but would have liked to see more attention paid to social distancing efforts.

1  Thank Mdgrl79
Reviewed 17 May 2021

Great trip! We had the best driver and staff. Can't wait to go again! We saw so many dolphins also. The driver did a great job of announcing turn for us to see

1  Thank vanessamP2957WV