Open today: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Service

My husband and I were treated to 5 star service from crew member, John K, on our July 28 day trip... read more

Reviewed today
kathleencH111PY
Excellent crew

Lovely day trip to Catalina from Newport Beach. On the way there we saw many dolphins. It was windy... read more

Reviewed today

from US$399.00
from US$34.00
from US$130.00
More Info
All reviews day trip great trip top deck comfortable ride smooth ride both ways prone to sea sickness bring a jacket discount tickets snacks and drinks long beach full bar boat ride avalon groupon crew board
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

Enjoyable ride. The journey there was overcast and chilly, but the ride back was warm. We saw dolphins both directions. On the way back, there were 75+ dolphins swimming and the captain even slowed down and circled around, so we could watch them. The staff were friendly. I’d use them again.

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Trip to Avalon was smooth. Only complaint was one the way back to Newport they may have overbooked because we didn’t find seats we had to stand on the back of the boat outside. Make sure to print tickets for both ways, I never got the email for the return and I had to get out of line to print them, they would not let us show them my confirmation email for the ride back.

Reviewed 30 May 2021

I have to say my review is mixed and I would LOVE to give it a 5 star but can't :( First the good stuff: Price w/groupon was affordable so was able to stay over one night.
Staff was friendly and efficient. The guy doing the announcements on the way out was trying to speed through them so everyone could get back to talking/eating/etc but we couldn't understand a lot of what he said - so while I give him props for not elongating his speech - maybe get some feedback as to how fast/slow that needs to be so we can actually understand it all. Great instructions on the website as to where to park. I have one BIG complaint! Sitting at the window really helps me with sea sickness (yes I took Bonine one hour prior and ate). They reserve ALL the window seats inside below for parties of 6. ??? Now I get the tables are larger...but the inside tables had space for 6 as well - and you could sit there if you weren't a party of 6 but not at the window. Everyone pays the same price for the ticket. We got there EXTRA early to be in line first to get that seat - only to be shooed away by the sign and their reminder we will make you leave your table if not a party of 6. If you pay more and can sit there - I understand that...but seriously - this is intrinsically flawed and does shoe preference (assumably so people in parties of 6 will buy more drinks/food? IDK and no one else knew either. It really did make it a much less enjoyable journey. The above decks were colder and my sister could not navigate the stairs . Very disappointed for that reason - but everything else was very good. The masks outside in open air (above deck or back of deck) was annoying and unnecessary...but I realize they were adhering to their "orders"...just saying...

Reviewed 30 May 2021

The ride back and forth to Catalina Island was comfortable. The big complaint is this. On the return to Balboa Island, they allow everyone to line up in the aisles 15-20 minutes before trip ends. It is stupid. The people seated on first floor lose their view, too many people are compacted into same area and it seems quite unsafe if something happened to ferry. An absolutely dumb idea to allow this. Why can't everyone be seated until ferry is parked?? Makes no sense.

Reviewed 29 May 2021

Captain pointed out dolphin and whales, and circled to allow all to see. Very considerate and much appreciated. Did not appreciate drunk passengers who were loud and spilling their drinks; waiters continued to serve. It was a little unsettling to see the captain looking at his cell phone for most of the trip. I’m certain navigation is all computer but, just as we shouldn’t be texting and driving, seems 1100% focus should be on the ship while in motion.