Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$212
Hotels.com
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$345
US$235
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$174
  • Restaurant
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$259
  • Pool
Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$695
US$395
  • Pool
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$199
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$425
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Renaissance remodel a huge miss. Lobby lounge and restaurant looked better before the renovation. The colors, rope, rattan, and wicker furniture do not depict the Orange County lifestyle. Not 4 Stars.

Room Tip: Make sure they are not giving you a handicap room without requesting one.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear sherrirjaff,
We appreciate your recent stay and review on this website.
I was so disappointed that you do not appreciate our new design. The overwhelming response has been positive but understand that that design tastes are very personal. There are many great traditional styled hotels in our community and we wanted to be unique.
Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I am a business traveler and spend 80+ nights at hotels each year. I am pretty reasonable with my expectations I think - I know a perfect service experience is hard to come by. I also recognize this hotel is undergoing a rebranding and was being renovated during my last three stays. That said - each of the three times I got a distinct impression of sloppiness in how this property is being run. Last time I stayed, my key card did not work at the room even after I made the trip downstairs with all my bags to get it recoded (I tried calling on the internal phone from the floor several times but no one answered). The renovated room was ok but looked like it was still missing some furniture - there was an empty space where a sofa or an armchair was supposed to be. Another thing that aggrevates me - there is not a newspaper to be found on the property. Not for free, not for purchase - none. I got conflicting explanations from the staff for this, but I don’t see how this can be related to the change in brand or renovation. My last time, the check-in clerk told me I could get a newspaper at the bar - when I asked, the bar tender looked at me like I had two heads.
Oh and my favorite - and consistent with the overall theme - after one of the stays I received an email from the GM (the same one that posts here on TripAdvisor) asking for feedback. I provided it - and never heard back. After my last stay, I got the same form email. This time I responded saying I was happy to provide feedback but not waste my time if no one would read it. Crickets.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Dan B,
We appreciate your recent stay and review.

As a road warrior who obviously know hotels well, I apologize that we failed you. We do value our customers feedback and sorry if yours feel through the cracks.
I hope to have the opportunity in the future to show you the true Renaissance Newport Beach and tr redeem myself in your opinion.
At your service,

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The location is great and the staff was incredible.

I had breakfast here while staying at the Duke. It was a buffet, but it was a very good buffet. I'm still thinking about the granola... I went back for seconds... okay, thirds... it was that damn good.

Fruit, meats, potatoes, and eggs were all well above standard buffet fare. Especially the potatoes... nice and crispy! The waitstaff was very attentive and kept my drink full. I would definitely go back for another round... especially the granola.

Pro Tip: If I remember correctly, my breakfast was comp'd because of my Marriott Platinum status (as they have no member lounge yet). The Duke is apparently fairly new to the Marriott family. Remember to ask for that.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Bil M,
We appreciate your recent stay and five star review.

You are so right the granola is to die for, I too find myself going back for more and has asked our Chef Jessica for the recipe many times.

Delighted that our waitstaff, were on it and that you enjoyed our Newport Beach lifestyle.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Hotel staff was top notch! Everyone we encountered was pleasant and helpful. The restaurant food and service was excellent. You must try the mac n' cheese, it is fantastic! My son even brought along his Xbox One, typical teenager, in his own words,"The Wi-Fi was flawless; no time lag at all!" :) Exceptional stay! We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank _mcpeterson2

Dear -mcpeterson2,
We appreciate your recent stay and five star review on this website.

As a father of teens who love their XBOX, I understand the importance of great Wi-Fi and most importantly easy connection.

Come back and experience our Newport Beach Lifestyle soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I picked this hotel due to proximity to JWA. It is situated right down the street. It took about 20 minutes total to get from the hotel, return car and get through TSA (with PreCheck). The room was typical but comfortable. Views were fine. the TV worked, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business