“Excellent New Version”
Review of The Wolf

The Wolf
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wolf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,363 Restaurants in Oakland
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is the re-birth of the much loved Bay Wolf restaurant. Same lovely space, same gracious service. New menus, a bit more modern. Excellent food. Full Bar. Reasonably quiet.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited The Wolf for a dinner out while visiting Berkeley. The staff was very helpful and professional, the food and wine outstanding. I started with 6 oysters which were perfect with the wine recommendation. My wife ordered a lamb dish that she said was one of the best lamb she has ever had. Every bone was completely cleaned. My ribeye was tasty and well cooked but a bit fatty. (After all The Wolf is listed as a French style place) my wine was a Stags Leap Cabernet that was as good as you can get. Neither of us were particularly pleased with the bread pudding dessert but overall the meal was outstanding. We would go back given the opportunity.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Noise levels unacceptable with inattentive service-must have been short staffed. Appetizers above average but main courses very disappointing.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I stopped at The Wolf after doing some tourism around the area. It is a busy spot. It seemed very popular amongst locals. They have a large square table were solo visitors or couples can sit and so did I.

The menu was complete with some attractive dishes and they seem to change it periodically which is excellent. I went with Spanish octopus as I was curious about the ellaboration and also the Duck. The duck was excellent. The octopus was not bad, but not Spanish at all ( If you want to do Spanish octopus, just boil it, cut it, and put paprika on top. That's it. Then you can put whatever you want on the side. But... coating it? Well, spanish people coat calamari, but would never coat octopus ). In any case, and leaving this pedantic clarification aside, the reality is that the octopus was acceptable.

Ended with an expresso but again they have many choices. Really nice place. I would definitely come back again.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My first time here as our friend wanted to come here just for dessert and dude was making a fuss about having to take a seat and wait after we had dinner at a nearby restaurant. What's to complain about when we got a parking space right in front of the restaurant and got seated less than 5 minutes of waiting!

The server was very friendly and gave us the dessert menu and we decided on the apple pie, the lemon meyer ice cream with poppyseed cake and Greek yogurt with honey, mandarin oranges and pistachios yum yum. Prices for dessert range between $8 and $9 but so guilty pleasures!

Next we ought to try the dinners!