“Great outdoor patio and pool area”

Courtyard Oakland Airport
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the hotel and enjoyed our stay. We had a ground floor room and was pleasantly surprised that we had sliding glass door from our room that allowed access to the outdoor pool and patio area! Their Cafe had a good selection of food for a small menu. The staff was helpful and very friendly too!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one evening. The hotel is very clean. The room was very clean as well and the bedding very comfortable. The staff is very pleasant. Multiple eating spots within walking distance. Convenient to the airport and Oracle Arena.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

As a Marriott Platinum Elite I have been to my fair share of Courtyards and feel qualified to give this location a 5-star rating based on the friendly staff, ease of check-in and cleanliness of the entire hotel. My room was very comfortable, in order and one of the cleaner Courtyards I have had the pleasure of staying in. I typically avoid hotels so close to airports, they can be rather run down by all the traffic passing through on a constant basis. But not this location, you can tell management cares about the customer and facility. If you are planning a stay here you might consider renting a car, there is not much close by (within 1/4 mile) for dining. But a quick drive up the road and you will find plenty of places to enjoy a good meal. I cannot say enough good things about all the staff at this location. At check in I felt like I was family, passing cleaning staff in the halls I was greeted with a good morning, outside maintenance people also asked me how I was doing. This level of service and genuine hospitality tells me Management really cares about their staff as much as the customer. I will always stay here when business brings me to Oakland.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RJMJR32
Reviewed 18 February 2017

We were impressed with this hotel. The staff were pleasant, efficient and very helpful. Our room was on the first floor of the hotel, overlooking the courtyard -- great location and very quiet. The linens and towels were really good quality, the bed was comfortable and the room was spacious and very clean. We ate at the bistro in the lobby -- the food and service were good as well. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the courtyard which was really pretty.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2017

As many of you may know, Delta Air Lines suffered a system-wide computer meltdown on Sunday, January 29, 2017. To make a long, convoluted story short, I was supposed to arrive at the Oakland (CA) Airport at shortly after 11 p.m.; unfortunately, I didn't get there from LAX until 2:19 a.m. the next morning.

Again, without getting into all of the details, I found myself apparently stuck at the airport, but a call to the Courtyard by Marriott on nearby Hegenberger Road connected me with a night auditor named Maurice, and he was a night-saver!

Maurice had only one room left and got me a very good rate. He then called for a taxi to come and pick me up. When I arrived on at the property and explained that I was a light sleeper who was bothered by outside noise, he checked the list and noticed one "no-show" room - the one I had been assigned was facing the airport, the "no-show" faced the Courtyard. In one quick series of clicks, my room was changed.

Maurice did a great job, and I had a much better than expected end to what had been an awful day.

This Courtyard is fairly large and has the updated Bistro lobby, with a nice living room effect next to it, complete with giant-screen tv. My room had a nice king-size bed with four solid pillows, a desk that was a perfect size, a nice selection of tv channels and good quality amenities.

I have stayed here before and will do so eagerly in the future.

Room Tip: If outside noise is an issue, ask for a room facing the Courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business