1,057 results
All reviewsgerman restaurantevening receptionfront deskfree dinnertwo bedroom suitefull kitchenoakland waterfrontfreeway sidejack london squaresan franciscohot breakfastfirst floorwater viewthe breakfast areabusiness tripshuttle serviceconvenient location
Reviewed 17 August 2018

My wife and I were given a room facing the 880 freeway. It's a busy freeway that has traffic throughout the night. In addition to the cars, trucks, motorcycles, the train also goes by. I like to have open windows and get some fresh air in the room, but that was not possible. The room would get warm, so the only other option is to have the A/C on, which I really don't like to have on while sleeping. We asked the staff if there were other rooms facing the other side. Each time we were told they had to look it up, and that the manager would call us. That never happened. It also took three days to unclog the bathtub which was not draining upon our arrival. Overall, the suite was very nice and clean. The staff were just very unprofessional. They wouldn't even hold the door for my wife while she was checking out, but instead were standing in the close proximity laughing with each other.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Guest rooms need updating, but all other amenities were on-point. We would stay there again without a doubt. The construction within the hotel and nearby is a bummer bc of noise and sometimes an inconvenience to navigating the surrounding area. However, that is not the fault of the hotel, just be aware this is the current situation.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Needs work. You have small rooms, no so good food at breakfast, the staff is fine. Why dont you read the entire review instead of asking me to repeat myself? Why do i need to type a min of 200 characters?

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
dberris, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

glenn960

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do offer many room types & sizes here at the Homewood Suites Oakland. I am sorry that the room type you booked was not large enough for your needs. We do like to upgrade our guests when possible in these types of situations. Our breakfast receives the most complements of all our amenities, I am sorry that you were not pleased with it. We will share your comments with the F&B department to improve our breakfast. Again, Thank you for your stay and comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed one evening in a gorgeous room overlooking the waterfront. We found the accommodations to be clean and the staff helpful. We did not partake in breakfast because we had a very early flight out.

I read a review about a car that was broken into twice. We were warned by our rental car agency to bring in all our belongings every evening because car break ins are rampant in Oakland. We heeded her advice and had no problems.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

kblkmw

Thank you for the great review! We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay and the gorgeous waterfront views. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I usually love Homewood Suites, but this hotel was somewhat of a letdown. I booked a room 4 months in advance with the room facing the water. I asked for a quiet upper floor room. The day of arrival I called to confirm that I had a high floor room. The person on the phone confirmed the room was on the third floor. When I arrived at the hotel two hours later the room had gone from the third floor to the first floor. I told the receptionist that I wanted a high floor room. She gave me a third floor room. I went up to the room and saw the bed was a queen size. I remembered that I booked a king size bed. While I was in the room the receptionist called to say that she had booked me in a room already booked and I needed to come down to get a new room. I went downstairs and got the new room key. I asked if this room was a queen size bed and she said 'yes'. I told her that I had booked a king size. She told me that was not the case. Unfortunately for me, I forgot to bring the printout of the reservation. When I finally got access to the printout weeks later it showed a king size bed. I then went up to the room on the third floor and looked it over. The first thing I noticed was that it was right next to elevator. So much for a quiet room. I also noticed that the room was well used. I went downstairs to ask if there were any other rooms and she told me that 'no, we are booked up'. We checked in and went to the manager’s evening reception. It was ‘so so’. For those who don’t ‘drink’ there is no soda, just juice. The breakfast next morning was also just ‘so so’. As others have pointed out this is not really near Jack London Square. You would be best driving there, if you can find parking. There is a restaurant and Starbucks close by. I have to warn you that this hotel is “”NEAR”” the freeway. From the parking lot out front I could spit and practically hit a car driving down the freeway. Pick a room facing the water and yes I know they are more expensive. The area around the hotel is being dug up or torn up by PG&E to replace pipes. We didn’t encounter construction noise, but we left really early. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was because it was near the airport and I had an early flight out. The hotel is very close to the airport which was it’s only plus. I’m not sure what the lies about the room size was about. Obviously they gave my room to another guest who was complaining about his/her room. I also noticed that my online reservation was changed to a Queen Size bed, but I didn’t have the printout showing otherwise.

Room Tip: Remember "Water front facing"
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear SacTown,

Thank you for your review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved. We apologize for the issues encountered throughout your visit, and we are working with our team to correct the problems and avoid recurrence going forward. Your feedback is genuinely helpful, as it is the first step in identifying areas where we can better our guest services. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again.