US$209
  • Pool
US$146
US$121
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$248
US$229
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$83
Hotels.com
US$259
  • Pool
All reviewsanne mariesan franciscobeautiful hotelwater viewseparate tub and showerwalking pathoakland estuaryfree parkingquinn's lighthousejack london squarebay viewhighly recommend this hotelshuttle servicebest westernshot itemsnice breakfastspacious room
Reviewed 26 January 2015

i was there on business and had a nice kingside bed with a view of the bay. There was also an unexpected round bathtub which was a treat to relax my muscles. The shuttle service was extra special. All you needed to do was reserve a shuttle and they would take you within a 3 mile radius. If you wanted to exercise the beach was right there, and they didn't skimp on their free breakfast. Doris the shuttle driver was a joy and the shuttle driver who picked me up from the airport saved me a rental car. I wasn't sure about the tipping etiquette for the shuttle driver so I gave them a few dollars each time on the way there and on the way back.

• Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Everything was fine. The room was very spacious and nice. The only real complaint I had was that the room smelled from cleaning products (even though they say they are "green") and the smell bothered me. After having the fan on for hours, I had some relief but not completely. I suggested to them that they use fragrance free products. We'll see what they do.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 17 January 2015

This is a very nice place to stay in Oakland, CA. It is located on the Oakland Esutary and if you have a room facing the water it is very relaxing and quiet. The staff are all very courteous and helpful. Rooms are spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 17 January 2015 via mobile

Excellent 3 day stay! Less than 10 minutes to downtown Oakland, less than 30 to San Fran. Large room, comfy beds, amazing bathroom with garden tub and WC. Very good breakfast with a lovely view of the bay. The highway side is noisy, so request a bay view. Convenient, comfortable, and a good value overall!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Very nice experience. Did not think about how I was going to get to the hotel after I dropped off my rental car, and they came out to pick me up within 30 minutes. No extra charge! (as far as I know).

They checked me in quickly and professionally. When I arrived in the room I expected a decent room since it was voted #1 on trip advisor in Oakland, but I assumed it was a rating based on other amenities and customer service. But I was blown away at how huge this room was. Plenty of common area furniture, a generously sized work/dining table with USB and power plugs, huge bathroom and separate closet/foyer area with a bathrobe. If that wasn't already more impressive than most of the apartments I lived in, I had a bayside balcony where I could see San Fran lit up in the distance.

I have never been able to comfortably work in a hotel room before, but I worked four straight hours into the night and I didn't even want to leave!

Room Tip: Get the queen room. Large enough to fit even three people with one sleeping on the couch.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig P
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2015

Dear Craig,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and NO there isn't a charge for the shuttle ride. It's one of our amenities. You might have to wait a bit, but there's never a fee.
We hope you didn't work too hard and get carried away. You're the first to say they worked into the night, most stop, have a glass of wine and watch the sunset.
Being Green is important to us. Besides the normal recycling we also compost. Nearly everything invovled with our breakfast service is compostable including the silverware. We also offer a complimentary Electric Vehicle Charging Station the next time you bring your Tesla.
We hope to see you again in the near future.