“Filled to Order Doughnuts”
Review of Doughnut Dolly

Doughnut Dolly
Ranked #7 of 27 Dessert in Oakland
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

The doughnuts here were delicious. They were worth the extra money compared to large chain doughnut shops. You could choose the doughnut and the filling to go in it and mix and match along the way. This place also serves coffee, but no sitting room. Grab and go service only here. Great spot!

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

This was good. The doughnut was good. I should have got my own and not shared with my doughnut hog boyfriend. The lady serving us was quirky. They have good coffee. You should go.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

After a couple of failed attempts I finally made it to Doughnut Dolly (got to get here early - by 10AM it's almost sold out!). These donuts are like the Portuguese Malasadas or the German Berliners - raised doughnuts filled with jam or custards. Here the fillings change daily, but there's always the signature naughty cream, and I had one of my three granulated sugar-covered selection filled with the slightly boozy custard & dark chocolate - the combo was very tasty indeed. I also had a Meyer lemon-blueberry & a coconut custard, which reminded me of the Hawaiian haupia that goes into Malasadas. I must return to try other versions!

Reviewed 8 November 2015

First, let me say I am not a doughnut enthusiast. I really don't enjoy them that much. I almost always regret my decision to eat a doughnut. Not this one. I indulged in a granulated sugar doughnut with lemon curd icing, filled with a combo of "naughty cream" and mixed fruit jam. It was total perfection. Go. It's not overrated. So good.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Temescal Alley is a cute spot but I thought this place's add-your-own-filling menu might be just another artisanal gimmick — I was wrong! It's a great concept. The doughnuts were excellent.

2  Thank ReadyForThisJelly