“Best gluten free ever anywhere!”

Mariposa Baking Gluten Free
Ranked #3 of 27 Dessert in Oakland
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

I can't say enough about this place. My daughter is allergic to gluten (14 years now) and I avoid it. While we live in So Cal and there are a number of gluten free options, none even come close to this bakery. We had a sandwich, a pocket with ham and cheese, a chocolate croissant and whoopie pie and all were absolute perfection, melt in your mouth, light and airy, buttery and SO delicious. I wish they would open a location on SO Cal!!! Thankfully they will ship 85% of all they bake. I will be ordering regularly. Thank you, Mariposa, for allowing my daughter to try a croissant for the first time in her life ❤️.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Being celiac, finding fresh,tasty gluten free bakery items is really challenging, especially when challenging. Mariposa is,100% gluten free and they had a wide assortment of pastries, cakes, pies, bagels, savory sandwiches, and packages of fresh made cookies to take home. The fruit fillings in pastries are fresh made.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Delicious! Many more options than typical Gluten-free bakeries. They had many sweet treats, but also some lovely savory goods too. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Loved this! I cannot wait to go back on Friday and get yummy stuff to take home! The Ham and cheese is to die for! They also have online shopping!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I'm so glad to have Mariposa Bakery in Oakland. I've eaten gluten free for over 40 years and learned to just avoid foods with gluten but, thanks to the current gluten free popularity, there's finally plenty of gluten free pastry and bread options. And the breads at Mariposa are amazing. Made from mostly organic and whole grain ingredients, they are delicious! And, they even make a good croissant. I especially like the sandwich batard, the telegraph torpedo rolls and the "rye". The individual pizza crusts can also make a fun meal topped with veggies. And, although I love the cinnamon rolls, they are, like all of Mariposa's cookies and pastries, extremely sweet. Too sweet for me. Too sweet to taste the flavor beyond the sweet rush.
I've enjoyed a few a of the deli items and can recommend the grilled sandwiches on "rye".

Been to Mariposa Baking Gluten Free? Share your experiences!