“Good local restaurant”

Spettro
Ranked #696 of 1,293 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 27 April 2014

we have been going to this restaurants for years. It has always been consistent, well priced,
friendly and many good dishes. This evening I ate Lamb shank which fell off the bone
It was gamey, tender and seasoned just right. The only draw back were the mashed potatoes
which were maybe instant. (I love lamb that tastes like lamb and not just another piece of meat)

I love the service. The people are always friendly and homey. You are always welcomed
with a smile
It feels like a neighbor diner----California Style-if there is such a thing.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went here on the recommendation of a friend but found the food to be pretty uninteresting and oversalted. Will not return and can't recommend.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

I've been a huge fan of this place since it opened and if rating then would have put the five stars. Over time I think it has faded a bit and some of my favorite dishes changed in a direction that was not to my liking. Still, the place has good salads and great, garlic-filled dishes and it is rare I feel disappointed. I brought many people here over the years and most like it very much. It is noisy and crowded at times and there can be a wait. Usually the service is very good and I very much like the Spettro logo and sign outside. They sell t-shirts and mugs and I know several people who have bought them. All and all a pretty fine neighborhood restaurant that is casual and fun.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This is an old standby in Oakland's neighborhood, it was here before the trendier places arrived, so it has a lived-in quality of an old pizzeria and attracts loyal followers and can be crowded for early dinner. The menu extends more to comfort food dinners and some creative spin, order meat loaf and mashed potatoes but they might have a spicy kick to them too. Not bad if a little pricey for what it is.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 November 2008

About half the things I've had were good and the other half weren't so good. However, there is something for everyone.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Spettro? Share your experiences!