All reviewssan franciscoclean roomspleasant staywalking distancefreewaybartraidersgamewarriorsalameda
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I regularly stay 2 nights when I visit Bay Breeze Inn the nightly rate is the Best in the Bay Area It is very close to San Francisco and surrounding areas. Bay Breeze Inn is also right next to Hwy 880 so you can easily access. The rooms are clean the beds are very comfortable with a Microwave and mini Fridge they also have washer and dryer service for a small fee. Bay Breeze Inn offers a quiet relaxing stay at a very inexpensive rate for those on a Budget or those for who want to just save money on Lodging.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank steven66wallace
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Needed to change one day of a 10 day reservation, several days in advance. My experience included staff who could not understand or just didn't want to help that would not take my complete phone number or name to leave a message for the manager, who was never available for two days of calling in about deducting one day from the stay. They wanted to charge $500 to cancel one day or charge the full price of the room for the night we cancelled. They hung up on me and stopped answering the phone. Very argumentative and hostile and never got help from anyone. Finally cancelled and found a lovely hotel with delightful staff. Anyone who would treat a customer planning a 10 night stay so badly before arriving, can't be much better once you're in the care. Beware.

Stayed: July 2018
Bay Breeze I, Guest Relations Manager at Bay Breeze Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

We apologize for inconvenience. Whenever a reservation is made via third party agency such as booking.com in your instance, we cannot modify the dates. It has to be via originating booking agency. However, your reservation is cancelled free of charge. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Long story short, we didn't get to actually stay at this hotel.... We made it as far as the lobby and were turned away. My partner and I were traveling in on separate flights, and were getting in very late. I called the hotel to explain this, and to hang onto our room. That was fine with them. So I thought we'd be a-ok.
Nope.
Eventho my partner and I have the same last name, HE wasn't the one who booked the reservation, I was. He got in before me at midnight, so he went over to the hotel, to check in.
After 30 minutes of trying to explain the situation, he was denied the room. At 1:00am in Oakland. Not good.
What I am still confused about is why the hotel didn't try to call me, but the next day when I found out what happened, I got an answer.
Eventho I went thru TripAdvisor for making my reservation, I actually booked the room thru Booking.com. In doing that, apparently there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the hotel allowing anyone other than the person making the reservation to be the one to check into the room. If you are not traveling with your partner or family as a unit, I would strongly suggest using a different site.
To the hotel's credit, they refunded my money. But the bad part is that they also lost in all of this a night of occupancy. I wish when I had called they would have mentioned it, but even then, it wouldn't have changed the outcome.
Please, please be aware when you "book" thru TripAdvisor, that you really know the fine print of which site it's actually going thru.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you Amy for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Just to ensure everyone understands, when you book online via booking.com, or any other portal, the guest has to be physically present along with valid credit card under his/her name inorder to checkin. We do not accept third party payment except without a credit card authorization form. If you need to pay for someone else, we would strongly recommend booking via hotels.com or expedia.com and use the "pre payment" option. This will allow you to pay upfront for someone else.

We value our guests and hence provided a full refund for your stay. Hope we can host you next time on your trip to Oakland.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

not much sleep, it is a place that caters for longer term stay. people hang out in the parking lot late socializing and you get a fare number of sketchy folks that show up late drunk. The area is pretty bad, felt like a third world country. The biggest joke was the wifi, they advertise it on the large sign as free but you can forget about it. Had to get a hot spot to do my basic work.

Room Tip: don't stay there if you are looking for a good rest
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank charbel r
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Reading some of the reviews kinda had us a bit timid. The location is not good at all. There is a homeless emcampment about 200 yards away. The area is somewhat sketchy, but it felt comfortable enough inside the fenced in parking lot. As with a lot of these type hotels, the younger people who rent seem determined to sit outside the room on the balcony and talk half the night instead of going inside. They were excessively loud and people going to the car all night and locking the doors to make the horn blow was disturbing. Only two pillows on the bed and they are HORRIBLE. No breakfast, slow internet and the ice machine cost 25 cents for a cup of ice. All in all, it fit the bill and for that reason alone, gets an approval rating.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple