“Beautiful Suites and View”

Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oakland, California
“Beautiful Suites and View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I was awarded this hotel stay through a Hotwire purchase for $70, including taxes. As such, I went to Tripadvisor and sought out the review, which yield a #1 rating in Oakland. I wanted a hotel that was close to the airport (oakland) and Jack London Square, and this fit the bill.

I paid an extra $40 to upgrade to a "suite" overlooking the water in the newer building. The result of this investment was great. The room is beautiful with seemingly new furniture. The bathroom is excellent as it has a separate shower, tub, and toilet room. The view overlooking the water was quaint. The bed was very comfortable. The service was delightful.

The only minor complaint/suggestion would be to create a "bedding collection" as the blanket in between two sheets was a little low grade. The bed spread wasn't impressive as well.

Overall, however, this is a great mid-level hotel in a good location. I've been told that the non-renovated highway view rooms are not very good. Pay the extra money and upgrade to a suite water view.

You get a free continental breakfast, internet, and parking. Great value.

Room Tip: Avoid the run of the house rooms. Pay the extra money and get a suite in the newer building with a w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Raffi101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hayward, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Thank you so much to Nina, are Reservation Attendant. She was amazing.
I would like to give you a little background on myself first, I have a passion for service. I have been in Customer service/relations for the past 11 years. I have been a customer service training manager for the past 6 years. Training managers and associates on the importance of customer service, and building relationships with your customers. Other than my children and fiance, helping someone, or making an upset customer happy and thanking me, when they are leaving, those are the best parts of my day. Seeing a manager or associate truly understand what service is about... Well
My Fiance and I have stayed here one other time and liked the Hotel but the staff was so, so. They were just kinda there. This time I was pleasantly greeted by Nina, My fiance had called ahead to see if we could make a change to our reservation, she advised him that because of the way we had purchased the room she did not think it would be possible but to come and see her when we came in. I was the one to check into the room, she was funny, happy, and new exactly who I was. All of these points are so important in service. I asked her the same question my fiance asked and she said let me see what I can do. Next thing you no I'm signing my room agreement and texting my fiance that he picked a great hotel and he did good :) I went to the bar and had a nice cola and the bar tender was very friendly. I went to pick up my fiance and when we walked back in I introduced him to Nina we had a laugh and we thanked her again. When my baby walked in the room he was very happy. I have used hotwire/priceline/hotels all off the internet sights, and got some great and really not so great Hotels. This so far Was the Best. There is nothing better than feeling like home with friends but this is a close second. Completely comfortable, welcoming and relaxing.... Thank you Nina for making such a difference, we will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Water side if you plan to spend time in your room. The view is beautiful. If your going...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elena B
Cupertino
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I had a lovely quiet room facing the water. The staff was wonderful suggesting that I use their shuttle service to visit the State Building the following morning. I had the privilege of having staff member, Gwen, drive me. At 7:00 am, Gwen had a bubbly smile greeting us passengers most courteously, and, not only driving us to our destinations smoothly, but blessing us with her gracious charm. I had the privilege of having Gwen pick me up again on the return trip in record speed, again, the BEST Customer Service Professional in the world! Gwen tranformed an ordinary ride into a great experience. I would highly recommend this hotel! Try to get Gwen for your ride too ;-)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Fairview, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I was visiting my family in Santa Rosa and stayed overnight at the Executive Inn and Suites in Oakland to catch my early morning flight in Oakland the next morning. The hotel is very clean and the room smelled really fresh when I first went in. The morning of my flight I was driven to the Oakland airport by "Doris" who is very, very nice. She has excellent customer service and a great personality. She is a great asset to the Executive inn and Suites. Thank you Doris!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room choose the lake side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel in Oakland several times now. I never think twice about which hotel to stay in when we're in Oakland. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Today we had excellent front desk service by Kelley and Sylvia. Thanks ladies! We'll be back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends