US$209
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$171
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$131
US$121
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$143/night.

US$248
US$79
US$99
US$259
  • Pool
All reviewsoracle arenabart stationbed was comfortablefree shuttle servicefelt safethe staff was friendly and helpfulyogurtoakland areacontinental breakfastlqairportdennyswarriorsconcertchannelsraidersfly
Reviewed 18 December 2014

If you are staying in the Oakland area, perhaps flying out of Oakland International the next morning, please consider the property. Kathy the front desk manager is fabulous. Take it from this professional traveler the beds are comfy, newer furnishings, and a good experience with a free breakfast.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Biggybrewpi
Reviewed 17 December 2014

I'm getting tired of hotels that say they have ADA compliant rooms but don't. This Oakland LaQuinta is just such a place. ADA toilet seats should be from 17-19 inches high The one here is maybe 13-15 inches high, much too low for my handicapped mother and even too low for me to use comfortably. Some hotels offer toilet extenders but not here. The front desk was completely unhelpful. Plus the chest and desk in the room are much too wide for it's small size. Mom's walker doesn't fit comfortably between the bed and cabinet, a wheelchair would never make it.
In the hallway there are several large hampers which take up roughly half the width of the hallway. It's difficult to pass pulling 2 suitcases although there's room for a walker. Impossible for 2 people to walk side by side. This hall area is not clean.

To be fair, the room is clean and acceptably decorated, just very small and does not meet ADA standards. There is a nice roll-in shower in the bathroom. I'm going to go out and buy a toilet seat as we are here 2 more nights.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here if you need an ADA room.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SharonJ50
Reviewed 14 December 2014 via mobile

I was apprehensive at first based on the area and other reviews. I have not stayed at a LQ property in years as I didn't think it was for me. But this property was great to keep me well under budget while working in the Bay area. Yes, there is always ways a property can improve but, I give props to the staff for their helpful nature. Cathy at front desk was a joy.

The king size room is not the largest but it has everything you need. The room and bath were extremely clean and complete with the most comfortable bed I've slept on in years. Further, the bathroom's granite shower and vanity tops were a nice touch. My room had a slit odor but I believe it was due to increased moisture from the recent abundance of rain; running the air conditioner and help from a travel candle cleared it right up.

Lastly, this property went a step past the standard continental breakfast and had hot eggs avaliable for breakfast.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LoneTrvlr
Reviewed 11 December 2014

Literally the worst place on earth. I'm actually sitting in the hotel room as I write this review so it's truly insider information.

The day I checked in my front passenger rental car window was smashed with a brick and my suitcase was stolen. No joke. This place is in the hood. It literally wasn't even 20 minutes before I had been the victim of a crime.

It gets worse... Ganesh or Ramesh (the manager) was completely unapologetic. He had literally no empathy or sympathy whatsoever. He didn't offer any sort of attempt at righting anything. When I specifically asked what he would do to remedy the situation he half heartily offered to compensate me one night. That didn't happen so that was an outright lie. But the lying gets better - he was reluctant to burn me a copy of the security camera recording. He said it "skips" so that there was no clear imagery of the crime. My hunch is that he deleted it and that it's an inside job.

It gets better... he asked me if I was going to call the police? When I said yes, he said that he wouldn't help me anymore because I was causing problems. Insane. Then he told me to stop telling other guests what happened. I never once lost my temper or raised my voice. I was actually very polite but this manager is literally one of the worst people I have ever met in my life.

The next day housekeeping didn't clean up my room. The rooms aren't particularly clean to begin with but come on, way to just be horrible in every way.

So, I got to pay to have the window replaced ($160) and had no housekeeping at all. I also had to buy 3 days worth of new clothing and toiletries ($200) and I will have to replace my MacBook ($1200). And I had to pay the full hotel rate. Stay away from this place...

Hallways smell like weed. Lobby smells like a swamp. The place is lousy at best. If I could leave a negative rating I would.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Lewis L
Reviewed 10 December 2014

As a season ticket holder for the Oakland Raiders, this hotel is as close as I can get to the Coliseum. The hotel is in walking distance to the venue, and it is a nice casual walk to/from the games. I have been staying at this LQ for many years and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple