Motel 6 Oakland Airport
US$169
US$262
US$189
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$179
Travelocity
US$179
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Reception was slow, dim, and incompetent. They sent me to a room on the 3rd floor that was already occupied - embarrassing. Then they sent me to a stinking smoker room, saying that is all they had. The parking spaces are so small that many people took up two, so it was a long walk to the elevator. The internet, for which you must pay, kept shutting down and was exceedingly slow when it did work. For 6 dollars this place might be worth it; otherwise do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank scottchamberlin
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I had a perfect stay. I booked a room for 2 nights, just to escape the heat. I live in Oakland but my place doesn't have air conditioning, and it was over 100 outside, so in lieu of sitting in traffic trying to melt on a beach, I stayed in town and just wanted some air conditioning and cable. I read some pretty scary reviews about bugs and shady people outside, so I packed a bottle of Raid in case someone or something tried to come in my room. There was no need at all for alarm. My room was spotless, there were no bugs, and it was so quiet! I also read about the front desk people being rude, and that wasn't true for me either. There were about 20 of us waiting to check in, and they had 2 people working the desk. It took a little while, but they worked quickly and kept announcing their appreciation for our patience. Even the coffee was good. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a simple, inexpensive place to stay, and I now consider this my little hideaway. Those reviews were ridiculous. I honestly believe they were from people who either wanted a freebie, or are so entitled they think they should get 5 star hotel amenities for $100 a night.

Room Tip: If you need solitude, I would ask for a room on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Run down. Pay for WiFi. No breakfast. No fridge. Ice machine is broken. No coffee in lobby. Just stay away. The only benefit is a a gas station next door and a casino a block away. Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ed G
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Ed, We are sorry that you were unsatisfied with the expected amenities; however, Motel 6 standards for quality are rooted in economical practicalities to consistently deliver on our goal to provide the lowest price of any national chain. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Maybe if we had a better start it wouldn't have been so awful. But now we had, so it was.

Entering the reception area we were very aware of this motel being the last stop for addicts who needed a place to stay. A whole bunch of jokes (not funny) coming from the guy checking us in just made us totally uncomfortable. We were given a room on ground floor since we had luggage and the room absolutly reeked of what we later learned (from one of the workers) to be the "motel6-smell". Anyway, we got a different room, 2nd floor that wasn't bad - but the damage was done. We didn't feel secure at all. Everyone told us not to go out at night, but take cab or uber.
Will not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank MsOzz
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We recently stayed at Motel 6 by the Oakland Airport and was shocked. We got in very late at night so we were exhausted and not in a complaining mood but this is it: The non-smoking room stunk of cigarettes. The bed covers and sheets literally had large cigarette burn holes all over them. The walls had stains, the towel racks and shower rod were falling off and the bathroom door had a hole that looked like someone had put their fist through it. You do want to know about the rug. The place was so disgusting that we slept in our clothes fearful of bed bugs and other things. I know that Motel 6 is a budget motel, but please, this is beyond the pale. The next morning as we were rushing out to our flight I complained to the front desk and all they said was that they would tell the manager. Big deal, a refund should have been offered.

No consumer should be confronted with such a disgusting and shoddy environment for their money.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnPos
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

John, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.