“Arbor covered seating by the fountain, reasonable prices...feels like a trip to Mexico!”
Review of La Costa

La Costa
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Oakley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Don't be a afraid...it's been totally remodeled and more customer friendly than ever. You will see folks of all kinds from babies to blue collar workers all chowing down. FIrst, say the name correctly! They tell me it is La COSTA as in Costa Rica. Get in line only after you've gone over the choices on the huge board. Hungry folks in back of you will not enjoy you asking for more time to decide between a burrito or salad. It is usually packed so have one of your party find a table in the cool air conditioned inside or arbor covered outside seating next to the downtown fountain. Then take your tray and get your drink from the dispensers (I Iike the Jamaica/Hibiscus agua fresca mixed with iced tea!) and load up on the delicious salsas. Self-serve, they will call your name/number to pick up the order when ready. Be warned--it is NOISY. But it is the noise of happy people enjoying their food, friends and familia. This place feels like a quick trip to Mexico!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

With counter service, it is more fast food than a restaurant with wait staff, but the food was reasonably priced, quickly prepared and tasty.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

My wife and I are not familiar with Oakley. We were there with another couple to kayak at Big Break Regional Park and we were looking for a good place for lunch. We picked LaCosta based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We each ordered some kind of tostada and a beer. My friend knows that I love good oysters so her ordered a dozen for us to split before our meals came. The oysters were huge, with a consistency that almost made me gag. I only managed to get down two of my six. When the meals came, we all thought the tostadas were just OK, nothing special. The Modelos were the best part of the meal.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

How more authentic do you want to get? Most of the customers are Latino! the condiment bar has everything you need and the menu is large. barrito's, taco's, tostado's and more. the horchata is good.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Authentic Mexican food. Quesadillas are the best I have ever tasted. The carnitas burritos are also very good.

Been to La Costa? Share your experiences!