“This was a wonderful cozy home with an awesome...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View of the rocks in 12' in front of Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“This was a wonderful cozy home with an awesome view right outside our window. We loved it!”
Reviewed 14 January 2018 for a stay in April 2017

We celebrated my husband's birthday and we loved everything about this cozy home, with a great view of the ocean. We feel asleep listening to the waves and woke up to drink coffee watching the waves roll in - awesome !!

Your age range 50-64
14 Jan 2018
Thank you for your review!
“Perfect place for us!”
Reviewed 15 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

I have to admit that we did not spend very much time at all at the rental.....as we were on the beach and out and about all the time! We were there for sleeping and changing clothes and that's about it. The location cannot be any better! We thoroughly enjoyed walking to and from the rental all along the beach to Oceanside Pier area every day. At night, we would look out the widow at the waves glowing in the moonlight and would fall asleep to the sound of the powerful waves. It was a WONDERFUL experience!

17 Sep 2017
Barb S
Peoria, Arizona
“MAGNIFICENT”
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We recently celebrated our 59th anniversary by staying at this little cottage on the beach! From the magnificent view of the ocean to the charm of the cottage, our stay was simply perfect. The cottage is furnished with lots of little extras that definitely show the desire of the owner to make your stay something special. The location is great - close to beach activities but not in the centre of them! The sound of the ocean is a most restful sound to go to sleep to!
We hope to return again and again to this wonderful little cottage on the beach!

23 May 2017
paulahess...
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place on the beach, great to visit the beach again!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

This is a great little Beachfront Cottage on the Oceanside Beach. Close to the water and the wave action. We were constantly mesmerized by the ocean waves.

Thanks for keeping this place and making the upgrades that you did.

We have been staying at this property for the past several years and love coming back. If you love being at the ocean - you'll love this location!

Your age range 35-49
21 Apr 2017
Thanks for your review
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not the Trip of our Dreams”
Reviewed 25 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

It makes me sad to write this, but I thought our story should be told. We have stayed in MANY rental properties for the last 20 years or so and never had a bad experience or written a negative review. So here are the facts: We rented the beach cottage for 10 days. It happened to be a period of high surf (waves crashing over the rocks and splashing up to the house.) No notice was given to us regarding the possibility of wave noise. The waves at high tide on the rocks were thunderous – the type of noise you can not only hear, but feel in your entire body. I am a true nature lover, but this was disconcerting. It was difficult to sleep. Unfortunately, our cocker spaniel, who also reacts to thunder and fireworks, was terrified and went into complete panic mode (trembling, heavy panting, wild eyes, would not eat or drink) during every high tide. We tried everything to make it work, but on 4 of the nights, my husband ended up escaping to motels with the dog, where twice there was so much noise there that they ultimately attempted to sleep in the car, despite temperatures in the 30’s. We were all stressed and no one was sleeping (not much of a vacation!) so after 6 nights, we notified Eric and rented another place for the remaining 4 nights. We had to pay for a total of 8 additional nights above and beyond what we paid for this unit. We received no response at all from Eric, but after we returned home attempted to reach some kind of reasonable resolution that would help alleviate our additional expenses. Unfortunately, he was completely unsympathetic (basic attitude “tough luck, not my problem”). He made demeaning and sarcastic remarks regarding our experience and threatened to “report us” if we wrote a bad review on the property. Because there have been other good reviews in the past, he seemed in complete denial that there could be any kind of problem at all (hello - the weather is changing). In conclusion, my advice: 1. Don’t rent this property during periods of high surf (i.e. winter storms) if you or your pets are disturbed by loud noise. 2. If you do, I hope everything goes perfectly, because if it doesn't, you may have an uphill battle on your hands trying to resolve it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Mar 2017
I thanked the Vacationer for this feedback and asked her to include the additional information:

1. Although I have owned this property for the past 29 years I do not keep track of the weather report nor the high tides or low tides. Thus, I am not the person to go to, to obtain this information - nor do I make any representations about the tides or the weather.

2. The Vacationer rented a property at a public beach and I explicitly state in my contract in my contract that I am not responsible for any issues that are out of my control, for example the tides or the weather or the loudness of the ocean waves.

3. I have owned this property for the past 29 years and during that time approximately 1100 people have stayed in this Beachfront Cottage.

I get feedback from these Vacationers very week, all of these renters and Vacationers (without exception) report that they loved staying in this property.

This includes the Vacationers who stayed there the weeks prior to the Vacationer’s arrival and the Vacationers who stayed there the weekend and weeks after they stayed there.

4. Vacationers are consistently be willing to pay more to be this close to the ocean with an unobstructed 180 degree view of the ocean.
Essentially, the best beachfront view on the entire Oceanside beach.

5. I explicitly tell all of our Vacationers that it is my responsibility, to maintain his property in such a manner that all of his Vacationers can get maximum pleasure from their time at the beach.

And, yes, if the waves are too loud at the beach - is not my responsibility.

6. I am well aware that the weather is changing, but up until I received the Vacationer’s email, all of the feedback that I have received have been raved reviews.

7. About 50% of our Vacationers are returning Vacationers who specifically want to book this property.

8. This report of the Vacationer’s experience is the strangest report that I have received in the past 29 years and from 1100 Vacationers and completely out of line with feedback from the 6000 other Vacationers that have rented from me during the past 10 years.

9. In trying to understand why this Vacationer reported such an odd experience - I consulted with my maintenance person who is also a General Contractor who has worked up and down the coast for the past 30 years - to see if his maintenance person could make sense of this person's response.

The maintenance person could not understand why this Vacationer reported these experiences and he was on the property during many of the days that the Vacationer rented this unit.

This Vacationer reported that they used to live in Oceanside and teach High School at Oceanside high --- so it is highly likely that they were aware that Oceanside is a popular surfing site. And Surfing means waves.

We are at a loss as to why this Vacationer had such a poor experience when so many other Vacationers had a wonderful experience.

We are at a loss as to why this Vacationer would want to hold us responsible for the loudness of the ocean waves - as if we had some way to control this volume.

We wish this Vacation the best success with her future accommodations and hope that she finds accommodations that agree with her.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an enquiry to the owner using the above make enquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Payment Protection
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing