“Judt ok.”

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #32 of 395 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Been in business for several years at this location. Yelp has reviews going back to 2008.
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Typical Joe's. Nothing special about it. Server was friendly and prompt, no complaints there. Food was kind of bland and uninteresting, but ok for lunch I suppose. Guess I would go back again.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We were in Oceanside for three nights and went to this place two times because our first visit was so great. Our suggestion is to go there around 5:00. After that it got quite busy!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Had 30 people for dinner, was fast service. Great servers and no issues with the food, flavors or quality. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Thirty years ago, my husband and I used to eat at Simply Delicious at the coast of Oceanside which opened our eyes to steamed seafood of crabs, shrimps, mussels, corns, potatoes and Andouille sausages, originated from France which influenced Louisiana's creole cuisine in their seafood gumbo, Jambalaya, etc.

Jack's Crab Shack is a version of that. During this visit, we discovered that at this branch, they DO steam their seafood instead of boiling the seafood as in their L.B. branch where we have eaten at least on two occasions. At the Oceanside marina location, their seafood is flavorful, retaining the taste and nutrients, instead of going into the boiling water and down the drain eventually.

We took the advice of some Trip Advisor reviewer's recommendations and ordered the crab Nachos. Nachos with cheese is good at any time. So, corn, olive, lettace and cheese mixed in with samll amount of crab on top of a pile of Nachos was good for a pair of hungry customers. Followed another recommendations from a Trip Advisor reviewer, I ordered a Pineapple Pina Colada (virgin) which took half an hour to arrive. The drink was, however, very tasty with a piece of pineapple and a cherry until I discovered that it cost $9.99 + tax. The bowl of clam chowder came luck warm, so I save it for take out.

My husband ordered the Arctic Bay Steamport with one whole lobster, snow crab legs, shrimps, one corn, potatoes and one whole Andouille sausages without any knife to cut it up. He enjoyed the sefood. I ordered the Classic Steampot with Dungenese crabs which has 5 shrimps, one corn, 2-3 pieces of Dungeness crab and a whole Andouille sausage. It was steaming hot, so I enjoyed it. I took a couple bite of the sausage as I had no knife to cut it up to eat it in a civilized manner eve though it is a very casual restaurant in the marina.

The total bill came to $93.94 and $7.27 tax, a total of $101.21. Our waiter Jacob was a handsom young man who wore a smile, had a helpful and positive attitude, did not appear to be a career waiter. We gave him a 20% tip and was going to offered him the advice of going to college, if not a 4 year college, at least community college and eventually transfer to a 4 year college. And if that does not work, he should go to Hollywood to look for opportunities because I could see that he will have a bright future because of his positive attitude. Jacob informed me that he is a student at California State San Marcos in North San Diego County and thanked me for my advice. We had a good time and the steamed seafood was a treat compared to some others we had tried.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My son and family live in Oceanside and. our little granddaughter's favorite food is CRAB! The 7 of use saved 3 steam pots, and opted for Joe's Classic. The pot contained 2 types of crab, I.e. Snow and Dungeness, shrimp, sausage corn on the Cobb and potatoes. Very good and quantity was more than adequate for the group. Will definitely visit again.

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!