“Best meal of 2016 Hands down!”

Flying Pig Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 410 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2016

If I were an adequate writer of our experience here you would be licking your screen within the minute. But I am sure I can not do The Flying Pig the justice it deserves. This was our anniversary dinner last month. We had read the reviews and on our vacation chose this as the big night. We were not disappointed. Although there was some hesitation part way in as we could not decide what to eat and a bit overwhelmed by the unusual offerings. Fortunately we sat at the bar and we were very well coached by the bartender, whom I cannot remember his name, sorry. He knew how each dish was prepared and the size of the cuts of meat. This was so helpful especially since my husband prefers a larger meal. We settled with hubby getting the pork chop and myself the steak of the day. We anxiously waited, hoping this to be at least decent. It came, we started, we were dumbfounded that our food could be this good. We shared, we delighted, we were speechless. The sauces on the dishes were on point. The accompaniments were different and spot on. We didnt want our dinner to end. Second round, desserts. Same story. Our guide informed us on the preparation and delicacies of each option. We again jumped from our comfort zone and again found bliss. So good. So amazing. We shall return. If only between now and then it became appropriate to lick your dish. That good.

1  Thank Tinaray107

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

For a hole in the wall place in Oceanside the food is good.. not your average pub fare. The wait for a table was alittle long.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Local foodie place with a bar feel. The dinner menu was creative and I bet there are things on the menu that I need to go back and try. I wasn't thrilled with my meal but I bet someone more adventurous than me would have loved it. Everything was very fresh and very well prepared and presented...that said I may be back for another try.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This restaurant looks like a hole in the wall in an alley in Oceanside, but, boy is the food amazing. It's worth the wait you're likely to experience. The food has a nice twist to more traditional fare. We always get the burgers, which are mouth watering from start to finish. Fries are great too. Good beer. Only down side to Oceanside location is that it's pretty small. The Vista location seems much bigger, but that one lacks some of the charm that's unique to the Oceanside location.

1  Thank Zachary P
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

The dinner was inventive and tasty from appetizer through main course and dessert. Extremely flavorful and modern takes on comfort foods such as Mac n cheese but edgy enough to serve octopus. Off PCH but feature the best of Oside.