“Pleasantly surprised!!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I was in town visiting and this was one of the closest recommendations based on proximity. I did do takeout instead of in room dining so I cannot comment on the service. The food was exactly was I was looking for. Filling, well seasoned, generous portions just overall scrumptious. I love collared greens but they do need to be cooked a certain way and they were fantastic. Potato salad, mac and cheese, red beans and rice, complimentary cornbread all had great individual flavors and complimented each other perfectly. I had ordered two lunch box specials with the intent that I was going to snack later and the sides held up nicely. The vegetarian sandwich was delicious and the beef rib tips were very well flavored. Someone had commented that it didn't fall off the bone - this was true, you had to cut or chew but it was delicious and a very nice price for the amount you were given. Although I did not dine in, the place was packed and everyone seemed very happy to be there and both the lady who helped me with my order and the other ladies in line were exceptionally friendly. I am so happy that I know this place is there!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Tried it and was not disappointed. I travel in the south a lot for work and have tried southern cooking in many southern states and this is good. I enjoyed the vegetable plate and my husband enjoyed the fried chicken and black-eyes peas. Will definitely return for a taste of the south. Owner came over and welcomed us and checked on our meals - very nice and greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

I looked at the reviews and they are good. We went to have dinner and were very disappointed. We ordered the 1/2 rack of baby back ribs with mac n cheese and coleslaw. The Mac n cheese was great. The ribs were served only room temp. Not even warm. I sent them back and asked for them to be warmed. Then if properly smoked the meat of the ribs should fall off the bones. Not at Fleix's you have to cut it or chew it off. That is not great smoked ribs. Then just because you chop cabbage it doesn't become coleslaw. Very disappointing. I would not recommend this place or go back again. This is not great BBQ at all.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

The best thing about Felix's is that every single menu item is delicious! The worst thing about Felix's is that it's 35 minutes away from our house, but that doesn't stop my husband and I from driving there about twice a month. The servers are friendly, the prices are low, and the value is superb. It's the best soul food and BBQ I've had since I was a teenager visiting family in Louisiana and Texas. My favorite foods are the corn muffins, the braised cabbage, the St. Louis ribs and the apple pie. My husband, friends and I have frequented this restaurant for a year and three months now, and are trying to eat each menu item at least once, before starting over again. They offer a sampler platter and lunch specials, which provide the same great food at even lower prices. Try out this cozy, clean, inviting restaurant, and your tastebuds will thank you!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I know I have reviewed this restaurant before. But Felix's always amazes me with how consistent there food quality and service is. I have been eating at Felix's for years and they keep getting better. Had my usual vegetable plate and I like the fact you can get items that are not listed as a side. I can always have fried green tomatoes and fried okra as my sides. And there potato salad is best I have eaten. Keep up the good work Felix.