“Southern Style BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Best in San Diego County, worth the drive to Oceanside.

All of the food choices are excellent! Pulled Pork, Brisket, Southern Style Fried Chicken, and Fried Catfish are all on my " favorite" list. Their corn bread muffins are awesomely addictive, and their side dishes are just as great. Leave room for desert if you can and try their Key Lime Pie, or the Sweet Potato Pie.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

It's great food and a friendly atmosphere from start to finish. The Gumbo, catfish, fried shrimp and fried chicken have got to be the best in San Diego. If you haven't tried BBQ with "Soul" you need too!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

From the friendly greetings as we first enter the door, till we walk out again, full and happy, our experience at Felix’s is a joy. This most recent visit, we both had the Friday Night special of Blackened Catfish with Mango/Avocado salsa; a great blend of spice, sweet tang and smooth flavor and textures. It is always a challenge to select my two sides, because all of them are good and the portions are great. On occasion, we have tried their desserts and they are a real treat, but we’re often too full to take that on. No matter how busy Felix’s gets, the staff has been very friendly and I marvel at that. Thanks for such a consistently welcoming and flavorful place to come to.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I was in town visiting and this was one of the closest recommendations based on proximity. I did do takeout instead of in room dining so I cannot comment on the service. The food was exactly was I was looking for. Filling, well seasoned, generous portions just overall scrumptious. I love collared greens but they do need to be cooked a certain way and they were fantastic. Potato salad, mac and cheese, red beans and rice, complimentary cornbread all had great individual flavors and complimented each other perfectly. I had ordered two lunch box specials with the intent that I was going to snack later and the sides held up nicely. The vegetarian sandwich was delicious and the beef rib tips were very well flavored. Someone had commented that it didn't fall off the bone - this was true, you had to cut or chew but it was delicious and a very nice price for the amount you were given. Although I did not dine in, the place was packed and everyone seemed very happy to be there and both the lady who helped me with my order and the other ladies in line were exceptionally friendly. I am so happy that I know this place is there!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Tried it and was not disappointed. I travel in the south a lot for work and have tried southern cooking in many southern states and this is good. I enjoyed the vegetable plate and my husband enjoyed the fried chicken and black-eyes peas. Will definitely return for a taste of the south. Owner came over and welcomed us and checked on our meals - very nice and greatly appreciated.