“Food is great; VERY laid back vibe (do take out!)”
Review of Johnny Manana's

Johnny Manana's
Ranked #57 of 410 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 November 2017

As if plucked out of the heart of Mexico is Johnny Manana's. Enjoyed the food (made per order), good salsa, good margs, (too) sleepy vibe and nothing going on if you dine in.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is not an upscale place but serves good food at good prices. It is more of a self serve place where you order your food and pick it up at the counter. Located near the movie theater, walk to and from the beach and the local Farmers Market on Thursdays.

1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was just looking for a reasonably priced lunch when I came across this place, and I'mm glad I did. As you might expect, this is a Mexican restaurant.

You order at a counter, and your food is cooked when you order it, not before. I had the chicken quesadilla, and it was huge. Stuffed with cheese and shredded chicken with a bit of guacamole, it was more than I could eat and tasted homemade. Dishes here range from $3.50 for a fresh guacamole taco to $9.50 for a large "Surf and Turf" burrito, with most items in the $8 - $9 range. They also serve beer.

There is a very pleasant patio to one side. This was a perfect place for lunch on a sunny late summer day.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Friendly staff with a great range of Mexican food. In our many trips to OSide we have eatten at Johnny's 10+ times. We are never disappointed.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I have been using Johnny Manana's for years. It is the to go place before the movies across the street. Good food and very reasonable.

Been to Johnny Manana's? Share your experiences!