“Wow! What a pleasant surprise!”

Local Tap House & Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 397 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 December 2017

This was a great restaurant. One of the best meals I've had in the last year and my husband is a trained chef. The kitchen knows exactly what they're doing and everything we tried was perfectly prepared. Very surprising for a pub/bar!

I've seen a few people mention the noise level, but I think they must not go to pub/bar restaurants very often, because I didn't think it was noisy at all and it was quite full the night we were there.

The service was top notch with the server having just the right amount of presence without being obtrusive.

I was there visiting with friends from LA, where I lived for many years and we're talking about taking a group back down next time I visit just to go back there.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This is not the usual type of place I go to for a relaxing lunch. I don't like beer. I don't like a noisy atmosphere when I go out to eat. This place had both of the above.

My friend insisted that they had a great burger there that she wanted to try, so.....we went. At least we got there early for lunch and got a seat as this place isn't too large and would soon fill up with people having lunch.

Our waitress was great...she gave us menus, brought us water and took our orders. It took me a while to find something that sounded good to me, but I decided to go with the quinoa burger (came with fries) and my friend decided on the pot pie as she couldn't find the burger she wanted. Our food came out within 15 minutes of ordering. My quinoa burger was generously sized and delicious; and my friend ate every bit of her pot pie.

We did have trouble hearing each other over the robust noise, and left fairly soon after finishing our lunches. It will be a while before we go back (way too noisy) and I hope they can work on their acoustics.

1  Thank dml718
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Okay, we only stopped in for a round of beer while celebrating our dad's 70th birthday with a home-made brewery crawl.

The place was pretty packed, but my friend (and photographer/paparazzi for the day) highly recommended that we stop while there was no line, so we did. They got us hustled to a stand-up table, where we hunkered and drank for a few minutes.

The bar staff could've been a bit friendlier, but I get they were busy. But still, we were paying customers, and a large party to boot, so I don't get why the level of customer service wasn't there for us.

We didn't buy any food while we were there, so I can't comment on their menu. Their drink menu wasn't as robust as the place we had just departed, but it was decent enough that we were each able to find something enticing to imbibe.

Not sure if more time or trying their food would make me like this place more, but I'd be willing to give it a shot in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Downtown Oceanside has been transformed into a whole lot of micro brew options and LTH should not be skipped. Go early, though, since it's generally packed, but service is good and relatively quick once you're in. Lots of delicious beer choices and non-conventional food options.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

A fabulous brew pub with over 30 beers on tap and really good food. Brussels sprouts were best I have ever had, a flavor explosion in your mouth. Blue burger was great along with chicken pot pie. Really attentive wait staff and lots of TVs (Thursday night football). Can be a long wait on weekends.