“So Magical!”
Review of Western Trail Rides - CLOSED

Western Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: A western horse back trail experience in the beautiful Ojai Valley. Come explore the natural forest and meadows in a preserved state, as it was hundreds of years ago. An outing that everyone should see and that will never be forgotten.
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My boyfriend suprised me by taking me horseback riding for my birthday! I had never been before and he had only been a few times. The own was so sweet and great at giving direction. She gave him the newbe horse and me the more experienced horse. It was great fun. I picked up on how to ride pretty quickly and my horse was friendly and easy going. She even gave me a little running jump at the end of the trail ! And my boyfriend found a new strength.

If you have allergies remember to take a Claritin!

3  Thank Rani O

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Fantastic, scenic, relaxing ride with a true cowgirl and horse lover! The horses are beautiful, the surroundings gorgeous and Melissa is a delight.

2  Thank mrstuck
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Absolutely beautiful experience. Ojai is a very special place and the trials from the ranch are blissful. I was on my honeymoon, first ever time in California and first time ever on a horse, thank you McGuninnes and thank you Melissa, you are an Earth Angel

3  Thank Dazzle H
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My wife and I went horseback riding with WTR a few weeks ago while in Ojai for a wedding. Melissa was a terrific guide and paired us up with great horses for our trip. The trails we rode offered amazing views of the valley, and were remote in a way that made it feel like we were miles from civilization. Melissa knows a lot about the ecology of the area and had great stories to tell. We'd highly recommend Western Trail Rides, and will definitely come back the next time we're in Ojai.

2  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have made it a rule that when I go to Ojai I stop by the wonderful little ranch called Western Trail Rides. Couple of things: my Uncle Jim and cousin Kathy had an excellent day riding and it reminded him of his childhood in South Dakota. About the Lord: God is a daily part of my life, and I appreciate the little reminders about faith there. It is a meditative and quiet place to enjoy horses, riding and education about how to ride.

1  Thank bugnurse56