“Loved Trigger and Melissa is a very nice owner”
Review of Western Trail Rides - CLOSED

Western Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: A western horse back trail experience in the beautiful Ojai Valley. Come explore the natural forest and meadows in a preserved state, as it was hundreds of years ago. An outing that everyone should see and that will never be forgotten.
Reviewed 28 November 2014

Sunset ride on the most beautiful, well mannered horse named Trigger, loved the area, Melissa was a great guide despite her being horseless. Unfortunately my friend was quite uncomfortable and uneasy on her horse so we had to cut our ride short so a bit of a financial loss since no partial refund but it is what it is. Beautiful place to ride.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I simply can't recommend. I am confident that there are better options available in this horse friendly area. Do your research.

3  Thank LAJames_11
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My wife and I went on a Trail Ride with Melissa on a Friday morning... I have to say this was an outstanding ride, Melissa was extremely nice and accommodating not to mention the horses we had the opportunity to meet... Trigger had such an awesome personality, if I could adopt this guy I would (in a heart beat)... And my wife's horse (Willing Spirit) took excellent care of her... I would recommend Western Trail Rides to anyone visiting the Ojai area... Thanks Melissa!!!

3  Thank Richard U
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I called Western Trail Rides today and inquired about arranging for a group of women (between 5 and 10 people) for a trail ride. The woman who answered my call informed me that she only takes one or two people at a time. However, on Western Trail Rides website they state, "Tell us how many are in your group (just yourself or enjoy a private trail ride with family and friends), your riding interests and your skill level and we'll create the perfect trail ride." Clearly, this is not true. Suffice it to say, I will not contact nor recommend this business to family, friends or acquaintances.

4  Thank Audrey E
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I took my boyfriend for his first horseback ride for our 3rd anniversary. Melissa was very patient and encouraging since I told her it was his first riding experience. She set us up with a gorgeous sunset ride, with the setting sunlight streaming through the tree branches and tall grasses swaying in the breeze. She walked in front of us and there was another person on horseback behind us, for safety. Melissa chatted with us along the way, telling us about the area and pointing out various natural aspects. We saw a lot of rabbits and even a deer! I loved Will (Willing Spirit) and McGinnis was perfect for my BF (not only was McGinnis an easy ride, they are both redheads! And my boyfriend had just done an animation project on Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond.) We had a beautiful hour-long ride, and I would definitely go back! The prices are reasonable, too.
One caution: if you want photos, bring your own camera and ask Melissa to take pictures. She had a camera but when I asked if she could send me photos after the ride, she said she doesn't email! Luckily my boyfriend's laptop has a built-in card reader and Melissa was nice enough to let us interrupt her dinner to download the photos.

3  Thank Taylor R