“Expensive But Tasty”

Village Pizza
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Orinda
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

This is Orinda - I know prices are high. Pizza was excellent, meat and vegetables were fresh and tasty, crust was just right. Wait staff is friendly. Yes, it was $31 for a large pizza, but I'd still go back for more.

Reviewed 25 December 2014

Food is great but not worth high prices- the servers are not people friendly- never smiled- we quit going

Reviewed 4 November 2014

My wife and I are Orinda residents, and we go to Village Pizza (or order take-out) at least once every two weeks. We've done so for quite a number of years, but the current owners have really upped the game. Their pizza is the best of anyplace around, with fresh ingredients and a delicious, chewy crust. Try the clam pizza - it is out of this world and our favorite! The Hawaiian and the Villager are also excellent. Not fancy by any means, but a great choice for a delicious pizza at a good price and good, friendly service. It's one of those "hole in the wall" places - they're always the best, right?? It's certainly true in the case of Village Pizza, and we love supporting a small, local, independent restaurant that is hitting the mark and being successful. Go! If you love pizza, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Good pizza and nice selection of pastas. Shared garden salad very fresh greens. Ravioli with meat sauce tasty and large portions. Took home for breakfast ( I know I know ) the next day. Service friendly and efficient. Would go back

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Love this place...been eating at Village Pizza for about 10-years and it is still my familie's favorite. They serve other dishes for dinner as well, but we've only had their pizza. A dollar or two more than the rest, but they simply are the best.

The inside of the restaurant is kinda dark and shabby - not real comfortable looking, but we've always picked up or had it delivered.