“Good Thai Food”
Review of Le Basil

Le Basil
Ranked #36 of 297 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We (4) enjoyed appys and dinner on a Tuesday night during the Holiday season.
Food was very good. I was presently surprised to see authentic Thai meal like whole fish and hot pots. I have been to Thailand 3 times and so far this is the most authentic Thai cuisine.
Service was not great. Might of been a father with daughters, but they acted like they were the main service (all 3 asked us if we were ready to order).
Will return for the good food and nice decor.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Went here for first time with friends. The service was not the greatest, we waited many minutes before getting any attention from our waiter. The food was nothing special at all and I felt it to be rather blah. Much better choices in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This place is a neighborhood staple when we want good Thai food. We always have great tasting, fresh ingredient filled food.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here at the recommendation of our son who lives in Palm Desert. El Basil is tucked in a shopping strip between El Paseo and 111.

Service was excellent in an intimate, comfortable setting. The moderately priced food arrived quickly and was delicious. The orange chicken I had was the best I've ever eaten. Quantities were ample enough for us to take some home to enjoy again later.

We will definitely eat here again when in the area.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Had dinner recently with a friend. We shared the shrimp and scallop appetizer which had two shrimps and one scallop each on 3 skewers. It took almost 15 minutes to get them and when they did arrive they were cold. We sent them back and when we got them again they were warm and did have a nice sauce. The shrimp were on the very small side and for $13.95 not something I would order again. My friend had the Orange chicken and I had the Honey Duck served over Chinese brocolli. A large bowl of white rice was served on the side. The entrees were good. Major complaint would be the slow service.