JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
Very Good 4/5
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
2,414 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi bargolf courseboat rideexotic birdsself parkingpink flamingosbusiness conferencefisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the JW Marriott Desert Springs for a week during a conference we were running. While some of the interior is beginning to show its age, the hotel itself is great and the surrounding landscaping and pools are stunning. And the views from the rooms are just as stunning - I couldn't stop staring out at the mountains and marveling at how the scenery changed over the course of the day as the sun crossed the sky. I ate in several of the hotel's restaurants, as well as the catered food, and it was all delicious.

I'm not a golfer myself but I imagine a golfer would be in heaven here.

Room Tip: I'm not sure about the other sides of the building but I enjoyed the rooms facing the pool area and golf course.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
esther f, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We truly appreciate all feedback that is provided to us! We look forward to welcoming you again whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful place to stay. The brunch is a must... all you can eat shrimp and crab legs. The prime rib is out of this world. Wonderful place to stay. Beautiful views and great staff. Nice rooms. Great conference area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Jenn J.

Thank you for such a prefect review. We truly appreciate all feedback that is provided to us! We look forward to welcoming you again whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is lovely, what you would expect from a JW Marriott in the way of lobby decor, room comfort and views. There is also a delicious Japanese grill on property that is one of the best I've ever eaten at. However, the service at this hotel was terrible. We were there for a conference with a group of other people. The hotel incorrectly charged thousands of dollars to our credit cards and took weeks to rectify the situation. Additionally, one of the other couples we were with was locked out of their room all evening due to a malfunctioning door, and ultimately had to change rooms. Beyond the mishaps, the hotel staff seemed inequipped to handle the issues at hand. Service was not up to a level expected from a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Audrey R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience from your stay. We are sorry to learn we felt short of providing exceptional service. We appreciate your feedback and your comments will be shared with the leadership team. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been a Marriott Platinum Elite for 7 years and stayed in several JW Marriott properties. This one is the bottom 3 of those I've visited. We checked in at 5PM and our room wasn't ready. This was fine since I we were being upgraded to a corner room. Anthony at the elite desk was beyond nice and accommodating. We left the desk only to be text 2 minutes later that the room was ready. Now, we have to stand in line for another 20 minutes to actually pick up the key.

The room was large, but the décor is seriously dated. The shower is like a closet with really terrible caulk. Also, the water temperature vacillates while you are showering, so beware.

There were a number of large groups hosting events on the property, and the hotel really caters to them. I had called a week ahead to book a spa appointment, and I was told that they were completely sold out. The receptionist asked twice if I was with a group. I assume that this is because the group has pre-arranged to block all the spa appointments during their events.

The pool is large and lots of seating, but again the groups prevail. We waited over an hour for a drink before giving up and closing our tab.

The lobby area is very large and well maintained. Lobby bar is nice with great wait staff. Ultimately, this is just a large, standard Marriott with beautiful grounds and average rooms and amenities. If I come back to this area, I would stay at the Ritz.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly S

Dear Kelly,
Thank you for taking a moment to provide your recent stay experience. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you with an unforgettable hotel experience. We are disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. We do have some exciting improvements coming in the very near future that will help enhance the guest experience in both our guest rooms and public spaces. We hope you'll give us another try to see the improvements we've made. Thanks again for your feedback and your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While in PS, planned on going to Mikado for dinner one night but when we went all the restaurant were closed for private functions, booked for a convention. We had a drink in lobby bar, did the boat tour and toured the grounds, absolutely beautiful. Will try Mikado next time we are in PS!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
esther f, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you visit us again! Best regards,