“Breakfast with twist on Eggs Benedict”
Review of Cheeky's

Cheeky's
Ranked #35 of 350 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Cheeky's was a good place for unusal breakfast menu. I had the Eggs Benedict with bacon, great sauce over scone. Also I ordered the fresh squeezed orange juice wonderful. They have a number of Mexican items on their menu but after my two months in Mexico I passed on those. It was a chilly morning so I chose inside seating but they have nice outdoor tables. It is a cash only restaurant, I would definitely return and try the lunch side of the menu. I was early am but had a 35 minute wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 14 March 2016

We've been to Palm Springs three years in a row, and we make sure to get breakfast at Cheeky's every time. It's always tasty and fairly priced. The bloody Mary is fantastic (if you like spicy!). The bacon is also always good. The fresh-squeezed juices are arguably worth the price. My favorite is their eggs benedict.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

I waited fourty minutes for breakfast-visiting with old friends, therefore the time was well spent, as i dont wait for any tables any more-Time is too precious and there are too many choices on foot in all directions from this spot on the main street-palm canyon drive. However they have cleverly organized the waiting area next door on a patio so you can sit and have a good coffee (it could be gratis for the loyalty shown by its customers) while waiting, and wait you will, no matter what day and no matter what time of day. you will wait. We ordered fresh orange juice, sweet and salty biscuit with ham and blackberry jam and two eggs-they accomodated a change in egg texture with kindness, cheddar scramble, though the eggs there were not per our request, albeit good, with the amazing maple sausage patty, and the bacon flight, a cheekys original that is still good five years on, (five differing flavors of bacon ranging from Jalepeno (quite hot) to apple) for a reasonable price comes with a legend. The coffee, served tableside, was good but not great.they may consider serving excellent coffee in keeping with their standards of creative over the top attention to detail and excellence. We ended our meal with two delicious, hot pancakes with fresh corn.Kudos to the creative culinary master mind behind these ideas-we are still lining up for more. Our server was awesome, patient and answered questions, the host also, in tune with where we were on the wait list. Thank you Cheeky's for a memorable foodie experience. Hint you can park behind Palm Canyon on Belardo Rd street parking, one block away on the other side of the street (mountan side) around the corner from the church.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Yes, they actually have a bacon sampler on the menu! Menu is filled with unusual items. All good. Atmosphere is very California with outside and inside seating. Do expect a wait here. On the main street of Palm Springs.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

Food was okay but not as outstanding as the menu and locals led us to believe. Food arrived slightly less than lukewarm. What seemed like innovative twists on familiar items when described in the menu seemed like uninspired old hat when brought to the table. The cheesy scramble had few if any herbs and thyme would have been a great addition here. Replacing Canadian bacon with bacon strips on eggs benedict is nothing new. I'm also not sure I like replacing the English muffin with a biscuit. The hollandaise was flat and lacked any hint of tangy lemon. Is anyone actually tasting the sauce, or are they just following a recipe? Obviously this place was great once -- as suggested by the wait list when they open their doors. Seems this could be a case of resting on their past laurels.

2  Thank Peter L