“Back once again!!”

A Place in the Sun Garden Hotel
Ranked #5 of 22 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We were back once again to our favorite place to stay in the desert......APITS!! We can't seem to get enough of this lovely hotel!!

This was our annual summer vacation where we stay one week and really get to unwind. There was a problem with our credit card (we were a victim of fraud) just before coming down to Palm Springs. Thankfully, Ron & Norma were very understanding and waited until the next day when our new cards arrived (via FedEx) to process our check-in (I can't imagine what kind of hassle there would have been elsewhere!!).

We love staying in the large studio....it's just the right size for us!! We looked at a couple of 1 bedroom units (thank you, Joe!) and they were newly refurbished and beautiful!! I think they might be a bit large for us, though. We went ahead with our reservation for when my husband rides in the Tour de Palm Springs in February. Good thing....the hotel was completely booked for a birthday celebration and only a small studio was available, so we grabbed it!! We just can't stay anywhere else now.....everyone at APITS has spoiled us!!

Also, for guests staying for longer periods of time, ask about their laundry facilities.....they do allow guests to use them after housekeeping is done of the day!! Fantastic and so sweet!!

We'll be back in February and then make another reservation for the summer (and maybe something in-between!!).

Thanks, everyone, for another wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I have been going to APITS for about 8 years whenever I have 2 consecutive days off in a row (work 6 days a week) - usually about twice a year. I bring my 2 rescue dogs (50 lbs.) who are well behaved and they love hanging out in the room and the private patios are perfect. Awesome customer service. The owners and front desk remember repeat customers and do everything they can to accommodate every need if physically possible. Other guests are often repeat visitors and usually very considerate and friendly in maintaining peaceful, relaxing atmosphere. I have stayed in almost every room from studio to the one with the private jacuzzi and each is cozy, comfortable and clean. Also enjoy going to nearby casinos, outlet mall and different restaurants on the "strip." The best place to decompress and recharge. I plan to go again and again and again!

Room Tip: Call or email front desk to let them know your needs and they will take care of you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Great service and attention to detail, from making the reservation over the phone to instructions for after-hours arrivals to checking out! The property sits on one acre of land with units surrounding the central pool and courtyard. The property was originally built for the cast and crew of the 1951 movie, "A Place in the Sun", and has since been converted into a B&B in the Tahquitz River Estates area of Palm Springs.

Booked a smaller studio over Labor Day weekend, figuring that most of the time would be spend either by the pool or sightseeing (only needing the room to sleep and to clean up). After confirming with the manager, Joe, about my after-hours arrival, I arrived at APITS around 7:30p. Instructions were left by Joe on how to access the lockboxes and where my studio was located. Easy enough, a couple of minutes later, I was in my studio.

The studio itself was about the size that I expected, however, amenities exceeded my expectations. Each unit comes with its own wireless router, so there's no need to jockey for bandwidth with other guests and each room comes with HDTV (I've been in other "deluxe" properties that still have huge, old-school TVs). Spacious closet and drawer space. Clean, smaller bathroom (shower only, no tub in the studios), but surprising were the lush and huge bath sheets provided as bath towels. Nice touch. In addition to the bath towels, Joe left a couple pool towels for use during our stay.

The grounds are well kept and spacious, and very well-lit, which came in handy arriving at nighttime. The next morning, the grounds around the pool were came alive in the sunshine and I noticed well-clipped lawns, a grapefruit (?) tree and even a putting green. At one end of the pool was a "clubhouse" with tables, chairs and even a BBQ grill for the guests' use during their stay (will have to take advantage of to grill steaks next time). Lounge chairs were plenty around the sides of the pool, but one of the best features of the pool area was the well-placed misters to keep you cool in the September, desert sun.

With one night left to stay, I received an invitation from a friend to visit him in LA and decided to depart early. The look on Joe's face appeared like he was afraid that something had gone wrong during my stay and I assured him that there was nothing wrong with the property. He said that if he was able to refund me one night, he would, but obviously it wasn't possible and I didn't expect him to, especially since I booked a great summer rate at APITS at 2-for-3 nights. I thanked Joe again and assured him that I would be back to stay at APITS when travelling to Palm Springs again.

Room Tip: Go to the website and look at the map of the property to decide what type of room you want. There is...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My girlfriends and I get together every year to spend a long weekend together, this year we chose A Place in the Sun and had a fantastic time. The grounds are beautiful and spotless, we took the large unit with the two bedrooms and bathrooms, private patio, bbq and jacuzzi. Everything was spotless and the staff was so helpful. We loved our stay and will probably go back in the spring for another visit. The owners really were very responsive to any of our needs. I would absolutely recommend this property to any one. It felt like home and we really enjoyed it. If you are looking for a place to go in Palm Springs, definitely check this one out. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We have visited APITS several times now over the past few years. We come here for relaxation first and foremost. The property is small but immaculately maintained. I have never stayed anywhere so consistently clean! The owners really go out of their way to make the experience comfortable for their guests. It's not big and modern, with fancy sheets or bathroom decor; but it is very well thought out. We usually stay in one of the 3 mini studios - and these admittedly small rooms are so well thought out and laid out that we are always quite comfortable. The pool is clean, the misters cool off the pool deck, the salt water pool is cool and inviting - perfect refreshment. And it is just a short drive (or walk in cooler months) to the main drag in Palm Springs for a casual dinner out before knocking off to a restful sleep :)

Room Tip: AC units are loud in the small studios
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple