“Excellent fish at top dollar”

Sandfish Sushi & Whiskey
Reserve with OpenTable
Sandfish Sushi & Whiskey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 354 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Loved the fish but it may as well have been served on beds of Jacksons. I don't mind paying $60 for tasty fish, but I mind walking away hungry after doing so.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I had been wanting to try Sandfish since it opened. My husband is not a sushi fan as was the case with several friends spouses - so four of us went for stag night sushi. The welcome was great and we were walked through the menu - service could not have been better. The setting is clean Scandinavian. We started with some great whiskies and moved on to a perfectly grilled octopus. We shared everything including the excellent Scandinavian and Sandfish rolls - these are huge portions. The sashimi was well presented and like butter. We ended with a lavender and rose water ice cream. This is a great addition to Palm Springs dining and I can’t wait to return.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I just visited Sandfish for the first time and left asking myself why it took so long to walk through their front doors. The food was delicious and the service was very friendly. Try the octopus carpaccio...fantastic and the tuna is firm to the bite but melts in your mouth.

I loved the atmosphere and can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Lucky we came early and got a seat at the bar as the other tables are crammed close together in this cramped space. The rolls here have lots of 'jazz hands' sauces and there's not a long choice of fish. It's Americanized sushi, so if you're into high end authentic Japanese sushi, you're not going to get it here. Overall, it's okay, especially for the size of this town, but it's not as good as the prices might warrant. The sake list was so spare, we didn't even bother ordering any. The bartender was nice, though.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I have eaten here at least eight times in the last three months and just adore the quality of the food. It's why I keep going back.

The Sashimi Bowl featuring a variety of fish is phenomenal and is meant to be shared. The Braised and Grilled Spanish Octopus served on a bed of edamame hummus is a dish you will lust after! The salmon Tataki & the Wild Sockeye Salmon Nigiri are favorites of mine. Their rolls include the usual combinations and a host of new combinations to tempt you!

Their cocktails are fantastic and the array of Japanese whiskey's is pure pleasure. Their wine list is not good so just take along your own.

The only reason I have not added fifth star is the service. It's not bad just completely erratic and unpredictable. On occasion it can be attentive and stellar and then you go back and it's hard to get a waiter to take an order or answer a question.

It's a small inside space but they also have an outside patio area facing Palm Canyon. SO be advised and make a reservation!