“A MUST TRY!!”

Sat, 19/06
20:00
Ranked #136 of 303 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Description: Despite the worst global pandemic, Est. in 2020, 1501 promises to be a premiere drinking & dining spot of Uptown Palm Springs. 1501 Uptown Gastropub, occupies the handsome pub designed by famed Architect Chris Pardo.Hosts Willie & Chad bring their combined successful track records to this new culinary venture offering a range of seasonal freshly prepared food & a comprehensive drinks selection.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely a wonderful dinner! The ambiance, and food selection... Excellent! We had a party of 14 everybody enjoyed everything, from the appetizers of wings and onions rings to Lobster Mac & Cheese. I had the chicken sandwich for my main course and it was fabulous! Heading back to PS this weekend and I can't wait to come back here!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed 9 May 2021

I went here on a Thursday evening with 2 friends for dinner. I made a reservation through Open Table, which was necessary since this place seems to fill up, quickly. It is a very cool and hip space with a great wrap around patio that sits on North Palm Canyon Road. They have a parking lot to the side of the building with plenty of space. We arrived on time and were seated, promptly. The server greeted us immedately and took our drink order. I started with the Latitude 33 Blood Orange IPA, which was very good and tasty. My friends both had the Lemon Drop, which they enjoyed. For starters, we had the pretzel (excellent) and the shrimp (good). The shrimp consisted of 3 large tiger shrimp with sauce and was priced at $15. We all felt that was much too high. For my entree, I had Willie's Shepherd Pie, which was excellent. My friends had the cold roasted chicken sandwich (good) and then chicken fried chicken sandwich (very good). You can choose your side and one friend had a salad while the other had the fries. Their fries are amazing and it was my favorite item throughout dinner. For dessert, we had the bourbon and sour cherry bread pudding (good) and a blackberry crumble (excellent). The service and food were good, but I felt the prices were a bit high.

Reviewed 8 May 2021

We could tell from the full parking lot that 1501 is a popular place. And it was packed! Very open and airy with tables spaced out as required. Service was efficient throughout our meal. All the choices sounded delicious and we had a hard time deciding what to order. The fried chicken sandwich, the date salad, and the pulled pork were all wonderful. The pretzel was good too, but needed more of the beer cheese and less mustard. Nice choice of draft beer making for a very enjoyable evening. We would return!

Reviewed 7 May 2021

Attractive open area inside and out. Good drinks and great sandwiches. Loved the Cubana. Prices are very reasonable for Palm Springs.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

Any place that opened in a pandemic that still has lines out the door has to be something special. We snagged a bar seat and the staff were attentive and relaxed. The food was fresh and tasty. I wanted the Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad to actually be spicy, but the flavor was still great. The beer cheese was also really good but the portion of cheese to dip didn’t match the wonderfully giant pretzel. I’m a gin fan, so I really enjoyed trying their gin cocktails while my husband liked their draft craft beer selection. We stayed for hours in this welcoming space.