“Perfect end to our holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Front Entry
View you wake up to.
Front Gateway
Hot Tub at Night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 57 reviews

Reviews from our community

Kelly D
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Perfect end to our holiday”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This is a very special place. It is the perfect property for stunning views, wildlife and a peaceful getaway. There is a dirt road that leads up to the property, but it is no problem for a normal car. At first we were concerned that there did not appear to be many shops etc nearby, but a short drive away in Yucca Valley you will find all the shopping, restaurants and fast food places you will ever need. Ron greeted us and showed us round, providing lots of helpful information regarding the property and surrounding area, but then left us to our privacy for the whole stay. The property is situated on a hillside overlooking Morrongo Valley and mountains. Sunrise and sunset were stunning. We loved watching the many birds and wildlife that visit the property throughout the day. We enjoyed relaxing in the large hot tub in the evenings, looking out for bobcats in the moonlight. Having small solar lights scattered up the mountain side made it extra special. You can tell that Ron puts a lot of thought into things.
If you are into geology the rocks around the property are an added bonus. We hope to stay again one day - thank you.

Date of stay: October 2015
Beviec
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A wonderful wind-down”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Ron was the perfect host. He gave us a thorough run down of all the necessaries and then left us to chill. And that's what we did in his comfortable upside down house for two.
It's located a mile down an unmade road so you know it's rural, but with all amenities, outside lighting and hot tub very useful.
The views are beautiful, quite staggering actually. The bird life is incredible, we watched hummingbirds, quails,scrub-jays and many others. We managed to see a bob-cat and roadrunner too, what a privilege.
For supplies there are ample shops within a few miles.
Washing machine was good to have for pre home laundry.
We would stay again if we were in the region again for sure.

Date of stay: October 2015
Liked best: Location
sandersbl...
Toronto, Canada
“Calming desert retreat”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

We spent five days here, and loved it. The view and serenity were the highlighs. Although the kitchen is quite smail, we were able to prepare good meals with aid of the barbecue, which was so appreciated. We especially loved soaking in the hot tub in the evenings, looking up at the stars. We would definitely recommend this property to all our friends!

Date of stay: April 2015
Liked best: Privacy & serenity
Liked least: small kitchen, spotty wifi service (often not usable/weak signal in guest house) - may need booster
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
OLY1985
Canada
“Very peaceful and relaxing.”
Reviewed 28 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

This property was wonderful. We enjoyed the sunsets in the hot tub and the very peaceful surroundings.

Date of stay: March 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity and the view.
Liked least: small kitchen
widowwond...
“SAVED MY LIFE and made me whole again!”
Reviewed 17 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

To be a bit partial my cousin Ron, the owner, convinced me to come out to CA for a fresh start after my husband passed away. I stayed for a week...and would have stayed longer.
I flew into Palm Springs from Southeast Ga. Ron picked me up and the adventure started.
I am so thankful for Ron. He was so caring and compassionate to my needs.
I was absolutely blown away by the scenery. Only magazines can give you views and experiences like the one I had.
Fortunately Ron took a vacation for me. We made haste everyday. Mt San Jacinto, Palm Springs, The Sky Tram ,The Living Dessert Zoo, Pioneertown, The Salton Sea, Morongo Nature Preserve,
Riverside, CA Beach and last but not least, the amazing and beautiful Joshua Tree National Park...unbelievable!
I will never forget this journey. God's Country for sure. 1000 Photograhs can't even describe these places.
I will always be grateful to Ron in so many ways he brought life back into my broken heart.
As for the guest house...I can't wait to go back. My visit was in January 2013. A little on the chilly side, but my accommodations were PERFECT to say the least.
Quiet time and serenity. Ron installed the hot tub just weeks after I left, So I have to go back and try it out.
Yes...all of the previous reviews were just as great as they say, but my stay was a true Blessing in disguise.
I am thrilled to see such nice comments, so well deserved Ron.
Thank you again Cuz. I Love you.

Date of stay: January 2015
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.