“Old Palm Springs”

Melvyn's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Melvyn's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 350 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$26 - US$80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on the premises of the legendary Ingleside Inn, Melvyn’s is elegantly upbeat and the home of authentic Hollywood glamour. Indulge in signature classics like Steak Diane and Steak au Poivre cooked tableside, along with a classic spinach salad tossed right in front of you. The Casablanca Lounge at Melvyn’s is known for its nightly entertainment and the popular Sunday Night Jam Session (3:30 - 7:30pm) featuring guest musicians and singers. Please note - the bar is open from 11am - midnight, and on some occasions until 2am depending on the season.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Reminiscent of the rack pack this restaurant is old Palm Spring. Food is quite good we were here for brunch and the selections were tantalizing but expensive.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The menu boasts the traditional table side cooking. For the steak dishes, all that is prepared tableside is the sauce. Steak is brought out fully cooked. Steak is good, but not amazing. The table side flaming sauce just seems gimmicky. Steaks were served with plain boiled or steamed small potatoes and steamed whole green beans and whole carrots. Bland, bland, bland. The vegetables were nicely done but lacked imagination. If we return we'll skip the table-side steak and try something else. We would also try some of the added charge side dishes to break up the monotony of bland vegetables.
Hard to judge the service. We were not advised when we made our reservation that a film crew would be there. The staff had to struggle to get past the crew to deliver our food and drinks and at times the crew blocked the entrance completely. The staff tried very hard. This distraction seriously affected what we had hoped would be a relaxing date night. We weren't prepared for bright lights and film crews. The restaurant put its self-promotion above the guest's experience. Had we known about the film crew we would have dined there on a different night.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Different inside and out. Some better, some not so much. The menu has been changed. No longer can get my favorite dish of pasta with shrimp, scallop and chicken. But the steaks are still good. The prices are higher since the remodel. Oysters on the half shell were good but too small for the price.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We did three dinners on our three-night spring break trip to Palm Springs – Spencer’s, Copley’s, and Melvyn’s – and all three were hits, each in their special way. I may be wrong, but I think we chose the best three. All three had outstanding food and service.

Just about anyone who reads reviews know Melvyn’s is old-school and can be a show with its flaming meal options. I got a same-day reservation on Open Table that indicated outdoor only. From the moment we walked in, everyone went out of their way to take good care of us. The tuxedo-clothed maître de gave us a prime table in the Modigliani room. We had the most wonderful waiter. Sorry, I don’t recall his name, but the one who keeps his eyeglasses in place with a knotted cord in the back will know who we mean. We did not do the flaming steak Diane, but we did a flaming salad and a flaming banana dessert, so out waiter had ample opportunity to display his skills. He was just a delight as was everything we were served.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I’ve been wanting to try Melvyn’s for years. Finally got there this week.
Historic charm and class from the moment we arrived. I was impressed that menu prices were at or less than I expected. Service was slow and relaxed. What I had hoped for. My steak au poivre was very good, but not as great as other fine steak houses in the Desert. DW was disappointed with her Steak Diane.
I’d like to go back, but I might need to take a date instead of my wife