“Did Not Want To Leave”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“Did Not Want To Leave”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I decided to go on a major trip for our 50th anniversary, but are planning to do it months after our anniversary. At the last minute we decided to go to Palm Springs for three nights just to get away and do something special. I found the San Giuliano Hotel on Trip Advisor, checked out the reviews and then went to San Giuliano's web site. It sounded perfect and, indeed, it turned out to be perfect. We stayed in the Sunset Hacienda which was really great. It was very comfortable, private and provided all of the conveniences we could want. The private patio and spa were very nice. In addition, the grounds are well maintained and very relaxing, the swimming pool was warm and inviting and the staff were very friendly, capable and helpful. The Hotel is located on a quiet, well-kept street, but is an easy short walk to the heart of downtown Palm Springs. We were very happy with the San Giuliano Hotel and were very sorry to leave after our short three day visit. We will return.

Room Tip: Sunset and Sunflower Haciendas have a separate living room and a full kitchen.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KenU725

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Stayed two nights in Fountain suite. The location is great - a short 5 minute walk to most restaurants, shopping and attractions. We were promptly greated and shown our room and the rest of the small property which consisted of a small pool and garden area.
First night was noisy in the morning with the sound of water / plumbing coming from the office adjoins our room. Bed and amenities were fine. No room phone which was not a problem , and no tv on bedroom which was no problem . I choose this hotel for the romance, and the outdoor private hot tub and large private yard were great.
When I booked the room I requested a certain temperature for the Jacuzzi (warmer than what they normally are set for ) and it was set to the requested temperature. Overall a very nice hotel but at over $350 a night would try somewhere else for a better value.

One other note - the water in sink and shower is dangerously scalding hot and management should correct it before someone gets hurt.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Imthatguy2
mrossi, General Manager at The Rossi Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your business and feedback and depend on word-of-mouth recommendations. Management would just like to clarify the rate for The Fountain Hacienda. The rate paid by this guest was $299 per night. This included a Friday and Saturday night stay during high season in Palm Springs (rates do vary considerably). This suite enjoys over 4,000 square feet of private indoor and outdoor space with a separate entrance. It also offers a private Jacuzzi hot tub (as all of our suites do) with a beautiful outdoor Veranda and large Bronze fountain. We believe this offers a tremendous value! See you soon!
Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My husband and I decided to do a road trip from San Diego to Palm Springs. We arrived at the tourist information centre in Palm Springs, the staff were so helpful and advised us to check out the San Giuliano Hotel, she said we wouldn't want to leave once we got there, she was right on the button. We were greeted by the staff and she showed us different suites we were so impressed by all but chose one with a kitchenette it was so comfy cozy just like home. Beautiful king size bed. She explained that the bathroom was original and would be upgraded one day, I thought it adds to the qaintness of the suite. The backdrop was the beautiful hills of Palm Springs. I sat in the hot tub whenever we weren't exploring the cities wonderful shopping and restaurants, by the way she recommended a couple places and we took her cue and weren't dissappointed. We were only going to stay one night but ended up staying 2 nights. We plan to return and will for sure be enjoying this luxurious escape.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank diamondonna59
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Been a few times and will remain going there, the place is set up like villas nice private patios, we've been in one with a kitchen, and a few with hot tubs on the patio

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Shaunryan
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I decided on an impromptu desert retreat and knew I wanted a quiet, enjoyable location at which to read and relax (i.e., not just a place to sleep). I stopped at the visitors center on the way into town, explained what I was looking for, and got a few recommendations. The prospect of having my own patio with a hot tub sounded wonderful, so I thought I'd check out the San Giuliano first. Upon arrival the staff (very friendly and helpful) was kind enough to show me a few of the suites. Each was lovely as were the grounds, so I knew I need not look any further. I settled on the Velvet Hacienda and was very pleased. I also enjoyed being able to walk everywhere: the hotel is close to all the downtown shops and restaurants. I'd definitely return to the San Giuliano and would also recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo