“HOOKED!”

Goody's Cafe
Ranked #135 of 355 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Have been working at Palm Springs airport greeting group and we decided to go to Goody's for lunch. First visit I had the Pastrami Sandwich with fries. Wonderful and HUGE!

The next 4 times (yes I'm hooked) I have had their Tuna Melt. Delicious Albacore tuna on toast; it's fantastic with side fries.

Both sandwiches could be split.

Their service is good, staff is very nice and they obviously get a local crowd as well.

Worth it for sure. Can't wait until I go back soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Good food. They crank it out fast (good for lunch) and it's always hot and fresh. Normal diner-type food. Lettuce wrapped burger was good and the fries hot and fresh. No complaints.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

The menus are posted high on the wall to your right as you walk in, above the counter and if you peek to your left above the folks in line in front of you, there are a couple more menu options. Almost too many choices to decide from! There were several people in line in front of us but the line moved remarkably quickly so we barely had time to glance at all the menus and they were already ready to take our order. I settled on the corned beef hash which came with hash browns and an egg which I ordered over easy. It also came with toast which I declined. While I don't know for sure, my guess is the egg was fresh, the hash browns originally frozen, and the corned beef was probably canned. The prices do reflect this however. The cooks in the kitchen know how to crisp up those hash browns and crisped up the corned beef mush into two patties. The fresh egg, however was grossly underdone with extremely slimy runny whites. I feel sure they would have remedied this had I asked but this isn't the type of place where a server comes to your table to check on things. I was able to salvage the yolk to use as a sauce for my hash browns. The food wasn't overly greasy or over salted which is nice. This really is the kind of food you have to be in the mood for as in diner fare, or a so called greasy spoon. I didn't love the food but everything was certainly edible and abundant and I finished all but the slimy egg whites. The cafe is clean and so were the tables. A busy place for sure, for a reason. The options are many and the prices reasonable. Plenty of parking. Breakfast is served all day. There are booths and tables with chairs. I'm sure I will return at some point for that bit of comfort food. I didn't bother taking a photo because the plate wasn't garnished with anything pretty and I had trouble distinguishing between the hash browns and corned beef hash by just looking at it.

1  Thank mary r
Reviewed 15 September 2015

You need to experience Goody's to understand what it is, because it is, in a word, untraditional. Four cafes in the Coachella Valley (Southern California) and almost even in quality and service. Our favorite is the Palm Springs Goody's. Service is fast, but it is not in the usual sense "fast food." Nor is it a quiet, laid back cafe… comfortable, stay as long as you like, ask for your food the way you like it (and that is what you will get). Good value and a few specials (for instance Friday Night fish fry). If you are in the area and do not need a meaningless script read to you by a server, visit Goody's. You will love the food and the friendly environment.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

This is a good place to get affordable breakfast or lunch. It is fairly busy The times that I have been there, not sure about dinner.