“Nope”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

I love good Indian. Unfortunately the desert only has a few choices and they are all bad. Monsoon is no exception. The food is actually passable/ok (6 or 7 out of 10) but the service/decor is worse. I was opting for take out after a few poor dine-in experiences ...until my last visit when I walked in and saw so many flies in the restaurant... and I mean A LOT. The inside of the window had to have 50-100 flies buzzing around the inside, no joke. That to me is simply unacceptable and clear sign of a filthy kitchen and lack of caring. Where's the health inspector?! Just gross.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Great fan of Indian food. Like buffets as you can try small portions of an assortment of dishes. Went for lunch. Fairly busy which was a good sign. Buffet was smaller than I expected. Would have preferred a bigger spread but at $10.99 it was satisfactory. Indian beer was available as was wine. Free naan (plain and garlic) was excellent and they kept filling the naan basket on the table - a very nice touch. Some delay getting the tab for payment and then getting the credit card picked up to make payment.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

This restaurant was recommended by friends. Four of us arrived around 7:10pm and the restaurant was busy. After being seated we waited about 30 minutes before we were able to place our order, and then only after waving the server over. Around 35 minutes later our appetizers arrived. Another 15 minutes passed until our main course dishes came. We had to ask for rice which was supposed to come at the same time. One dish which we ordered medium came mild. Another dish was supposed to be beef korma spiced mild. This came as beef curry spiced medium. Since we had waited so long, we swapped the medium spiced dish with the mild dish. The food itself was tasty. We asked for the bill to be split by couple. The server went off only to return 5 minutes later asking us to circle the dishes each couple had ordered. We did this and the server left again only to return a few minutes later to ask if we could just go 50/50. Exasperated we agreed. The server then sauntered by with dishes for another table. We stood up and approached the cash register so we could get out of there. When we told the manager that we felt the service was terrible he said they had "lost" our order due to the cash register being new. We finally left the restaurant at 9:15pm. This Is not a fine dining restaurant and we should have been able to get in and out within an hour.

My feeling is that they should have explained what had happened with our order. The server was inattentive and seemed confused and disinterested. Also , large pick up orders were flying out the door the whole time we were waiting. It seems the take out orders took precedent over the orders for those seated in the restaurant. All in all a very disappointing experience. I would recommend that if the restaurant looks busy, go elsewhere or phone in an order for pick up! We will not return.

2  Thank Nannie53
Reviewed 19 March 2017

The Garlic Cauliflower was awesome! Shared several dishes with a friend and loved them all. Ordered an "8" on spice on the red curry chicken dish and could've done spicier. But, a "6/7" on the mushroom w/yellow curry was plenty spicy, just an fyi. The garlic naan was perfect. Too full to order dessert and looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

We were here for dinner. Ordered 3 vegetables - Okra, Cauliflower and Chana. Cauliflower and Chana were decent but the Okra was terrible. If I was reviewing just based on the vegetables, I probably would give them 4 stars.

But the Naan bread was the most horrible Naan bread I have ever received in an Indian restaurant. It wasn't fluffy at all and heavily buttered. Took the fun out of the whole meal. Saving grace was that they had provided complementary rice - so I let the Naan go to waste and eat the rice instead.

Service was good and food was served in a timely manner.